Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Adiboo wrote: »
    It aired.

Oops you're right, I've only just gone through the old ones there and seen it. Can't believe I missed that. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Oops you're right, I've only just gone through the old ones there and seen it. Can't believe I missed that. thanks

Hi guys, is Bret one worth listening too? I have not listen to Austin podcast yet, but like the sounds of him and Bret talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Jim Cornette has a new weekly podcast called "the Jim Cornette Experience" on MLW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Him ranting about how he's right and everyone else is wrong,every single week!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Him ranting about how he's right and everyone else is wrong,every single week!

Although WWE is in the doldrums at the moment, that's a bit off-putting considering his booking is nothing laudable.

Is it worth a listen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Dave Meltzer's voice any time he guests on something other than his regular shows sounds a lot more dweebish, doesn't it? About as dweebish as I'd've imagined he would sound before I heard him. Total dweeb voice, the dweeb.

I like Meltzer btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Although WWE is in the doldrums at the moment, that's a bit off-putting considering his booking is nothing laudable.

Is it worth a listen?

I listened to the first one. It was a bit of a cluster but in a good way. Some old school stories, some road stories and complete tangents about politics and how the Republicans are the devil. Not to everyones tastes but I like American politics and his views would mirror mine.

Tried the Attitude Era Podcast yesterday. Didn't like it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

gimmick wrote: »
    I listened to the first one. It was a bit of a cluster but in a good way. Some old school stories, some road stories and complete tangents about politics and how the Republicans are the devil. Not to everyones tastes but I like American politics and his views would mirror mine.

Tried the Attitude Era Podcast yesterday. Didn't like it at all.

His story about trying to cross the Canadian border for a ROH show in Toronto was hilarious. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Jim Cornette has a new weekly podcast called "the Jim Cornette Experience" on MLW.

His first guests will be Bret Hart, Mark "Lawro" Lawrenson and Lou Macari. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Listened to the TNA podcast for the first time last night. You won't learn anything new really but it's entertaining enough because it's just them goofing around and Christy Hemme is a little crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Dave Meltzer's voice any time he guests on something other than his regular shows sounds a lot more dweebish, doesn't it? About as dweebish as I'd've imagined he would sound before I heard him. Total dweeb voice, the dweeb.

I like Meltzer btw.

Austin Keller was great.Jericho podcast any good?Not really bothered for the time being after listening to Austin so much in the last few days.

AOW with Matt Morgan was good,he's surprisingly intelligent and sound.

Austin's show with Bryan is out today too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Austin's show with Bryan is out today too.

Austin and Bryan are very different people for sure but Austin ends up gushing about Bryan every which way by the end of the podcast. It is also very clear Bryan adores Brie given he can't stop talking about her.

I love the fact that the ad during the 'family friendly' Austin podcast featured too obnoxious idiots plugging their podcast talking about pussy and jerking off.

Nigel McGuinness on this weeks Wrestling with Depression is well worth a listen.

Was a bit surprised Austin was interviewing Bryan to begin with, such different people, but he sounded like he was a fan and as the interview progressed you could hear him warming up to Danielson more as it went along. The bit after the interview was extremely positive, maybe he was expecting a bit of a quarrel with Danielson about something along the way or was expecting him to play down his beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

Probably a bit of a weird request but does anyone know of any wrestling podcasts that have a female host? I've been looking but apart from Afterbuzz (which is awful), had no luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

sophya wrote: »
    Probably a bit of a weird request but does anyone know of any wrestling podcasts that have a female host? I've been looking but apart from Afterbuzz (which is awful), had no luck.

Apparently the burd that's on the MLW podcast from time to time has one. Her name is Alice something but she's a bit of a wreck the head. :)

Enjoying Jim Cornette so far, he's a funny f*cker and I agree with pretty much everything he says about the US - he's like the complete opposite of redneck Austin.

Austin has had some decent shows recently.. Wade Keller, DB.. Funny how 80% of his guests are wrestling related now. :D

Listened to a bit of Jericho, he sounds like a natural, not sure if I'll like it though. Considering how sh*t his music is, I can't imagine I'll like any of his music guests or his comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

After he's done telling us about deer hunting and how many eggs he had for breakfast on his ranch, Austin's podcasts have been excellent lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Charisteas wrote: »
    After he's done telling us about deer hunting and how many eggs he had for breakfast on his ranch, Austin's podcasts have been excellent lately.

or his plugs for his sponsors which are hilarious:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Garseys wrote: »
    or his plugs for his sponsors which are hilarious:pac:

They have become a bit tiresome now. +30 time for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

They have become a bit tiresome now. +30 time for me.

"When I'm out hunting deer I need to stay sharp, and when I'm checking my e-mails I need to stay focused, that's what I always start my day with lumosity.com."

Shame he didn't use lumosity.com before forgetting where he placed the memory card with the William Regal interview on :pac:

Wade Keller dealt with a mentalist there fairly well at the end of Friday's podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Decobuzz

Wade Keller dealt with a mentalist there fairly well at the end of Friday's podcast.

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Wasn't too big a fan of Jericho's TBH, but I imagine he will get better in time knowing his personality and his commitment to making things work.

WWE Hall Of Famer “Stone Cold” Steve Austin noted on his podcast on Tuesday that Vince McMahon is interested in coming on his show. Austin said that he and McMahon are looking to find a mutually viable time to record an interview.

Really want to hear Vince's thoughts about the damn Kliq.

Amusing Austin's interview with Jim Cornette got messed up so Austin did a replacement show with Kevin Steen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Was a little disappointed with Austin's interview with Taz. If TNA's podcast has proved anything it's that Taz can be really entertaining (especially with Tenay to play off).

Was a little disappointed with Austin's interview with Taz. If TNA's podcast has proved anything it's that Taz can be really entertaining (especially with Tenay to play off).

Odd to say the least that one. I guess Taz's bluetooth headset had tonnes of periodic interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I enjoyed the Tazz one myself. You can tell the two guys like having the craic and pulling the piss out of each other.

• Advertisement

From the Observer:
    Podcast One, which already has Steve Austin and Chris Jericho under contract as hosts of shows, is in significant negotiations with Jim Ross for a weekly show.

Hopefully he can have Cornette, Austin, Jericho and Cabana on his podcast!

Advertisement