Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Are we reaching a saturation point I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

I'd say near enough to it.Cabana must be annoyed,only so many sponsors floating around.Though his USP is being an outsider in fairness.

Surprised WWE haven't launched an official one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

USP?

Unique selling point.

All the other lads (Jericho,Austin,JR,Cornette etc) were pretty big names in WWE and elsewhere, where as Cabana is an indie guy through and through so has a different perspective on the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

If I hear another Stamps.com ad I might have to kill the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Hope the Jim Ross podcast is sponsored by....

Jericho's 2 parter podcast with Austin is fantastic,really worth listening to.Jericho's set the bar far too high for himself now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Jericho's 2 parter podcast with Austin is fantastic,really worth listening to.Jericho's set the bar far too high for himself now though.

I really enjoyed them. Jericho is a really good conversationalist so it had a nice flow to it.

Speaking of Austin, according to PW insider, Vince has agreed to come on to his show. No link as im on the phone but I seen it last night on twitter as JR retweeted it. Be an interesting listen if it happens.

Another funny edition of the Attitude Era podcast released today. Covering the first ever Smackdown. A TV special we didn't get in Ireland at the time.

The crowd reaction to certain sexual key words Stephanie's promo makes you proud to be a Wrestling fan :p :

Podcasts continue to be a good advertising tool for future work. First it was IWantWrestling's Dave Lagana to TNA and now this:
    Former WWE Creative Team member and MLW owner Court Bauer was at tonight's Ring of Honor event as he will be working with the company going forward on some marketing and branding. ROH head Joe Koff brought Bauer on board. Bauer was backstage and watched part of the show from the crowd.

PWInsider

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Sleeping Lloyd on the LAW this week had me in stitches :D

The Rock has forgotten where he came from again:

hvthkp.jpg

In reality the agency behind his Twitter probably forgot to pass on the message (hopefully).

Awesome interview with the Shield on the Onnit Podcast of all places:
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/41820777?utm_campaign=t.co&utm_source=ustre-am&utm_medium=social

Available in iTunes.

LOS LONELY BOYS ARE BACK ON THE NEW STEVE AUSTIN PODCAST

:P

Part 2 of the Jericho interview with Edge is must listen. Lots of not so veiled shots at how Triple H would try to derail their careers. Among other interesting WWE booking notes and what they fought for.

Conversation about the finish to the Nexus/Team WWE match as Summerslam was very interesting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Stormageddon

On the chris jericho podcast Edge made the same Ricky Bobby/ I don't know what to do with my hands reference that I make every time someone points a camera at me. Clearly we are one.

Bruno Sammartino is the guest on Cabana's podcast today,really interesting listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jd1594

Loving both Austin and Jericho's podcasts at the minute. Listening to Cabana's right now with Sammartino, as above, a good listen!

If you are a Review An Impact podcast listener listen to the last 15 minutes or so and the reveal of the song contest winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Decobuzz

I find the LAW crew produce the best podcasts out there. Pollock and Ting have great chemistry and can be genuinely funny at times. I'm an MLW VIP subscriber and they're beginning to get on my nerves. Court Bauer seems to love the sound of his own voice and Alice Radley is as false as they come.

Bruno Sammartino is the guest on Cabana's podcast today,really interesting listen.

Did Colt make any unfunny jokes that he usually does?
    God if you paid me to listen to Cabana I'd refuse to.

Decobuzz wrote: »
    I find the LAW crew produce the best podcasts out there. Pollock and Ting have great chemistry and can be genuinely funny at times.

Agreed they are one of the few podcasts that I know of that doesn't breed the old "familiarity breeds contempt" effect among listeners. Every other big Wrestling podcast has had at least some form of a backlash. Citing a show is too formulaic, the hosts have gone up their holes, lost the passion etc.
    I'm an MLW VIP subscriber and they're beginning to get on my nerves. Court Bauer seems to love the sound of his own voice and Alice Radley is as false as they come.

I am reading a lot of similar opinions emerge about the MLW stuff. Too many shows, too little content and not enough likeable personalities to carry it.

rovert wrote: »
    Agreed they are one of the few podcasts that I know of that doesn't breed the old "familiarity breeds contempt" effect among listeners. Every other big Wrestling podcast has had at least some form of a backlash. Citing a show is too formulaic, the hosts have gone up their holes, lost the passion etc.

I am reading a lot of similar opinions emerge about the MLW stuff. Too many shows, too little content and not enough likeable personalities to carry it.

Yeah Jim Cornette is even getting a little tiresome. If Alice Radley is involved I point blank refuse to download it. From their forums i'm not the only one to do that, yet they seem to be increasing her involvement.

Where have you been reading about MLW rovert?

Yeah Jim Cornette is even getting a little tiresome. If Alice Radley is involved I point blank refuse to download it. From their forums i'm not the only one to do that, yet they seem to be increasing her involvement.

Where have you been reading about MLW rovert?

The Wrestling Observer forum. MSL used to post on it and came across as the same tryhard oddball as he does on podcasts.

From everything myself and others could tell Court didn't really work on Eastbound and Down. It wasn't a credit on IMDB and he doesn't appear on set. He just handled their social media stuff. He spent his last year in WWE arranging travel rather writing TV - something he never mentions.

Not to pick on the woman and it is 2014 but Alice moving to Scotland for her fiancé that apparently she never met previously only to move back a week later sounds really odd.

Some bunch.

rovert wrote: »
    The Wrestling Observer forum. MSL used to post on it and came across as the same tryhard oddball as he does on podcasts.

From everything myself and others could tell Court didn't really work on Eastbound and Down. It wasn't a credit on IMDB and he doesn't appear on set. He just handled their social media stuff. He spent his last year in WWE arranging travel rather writing TV - something he never mentions.

Not to pick on the woman and it is 2014 but Alice moving to Scotland for her fiancé that apparently she never met previously only to move back a week later sounds really odd.

Some bunch.

Yeah that Alice story was seriously strange. She didn't even stay a week! She was 20 mins in his apartment and she went straight back to the airport. She also doesn't work as her ex husband pays her.

Woah, was that on a wrestling podcast?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Woah, was that on a wrestling podcast?

I believe so:
    http://mlwradio.libsyn.com/group-therapy-with-alice-msl-11

Not personally a member.

aha ok. I thought it was like before talking about this week's impact or something :p Sounds like a personal lives podcast.

Any other madness from MLW? I've decreasing time for Court on the LAW so I'd rather hear it from ye.

• Advertisement

New RTE Radio 1 documentary on Pro Wrestling available to stream and download:

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/doconone/documentary-podcast-champ-irish-pro-wrestling-sheamus.html
    The Champ

Sports people will tell you it's not a real sport and actors will tell you it's not acting, yet pro wrestling requires peak physical fitness and theatrical skills to pull off effectively.

In a journey to find the next Irish superstar of the huge global Wrestling business, this documentary enters the world of Irish pro wrestling and tracks the rise of one of its biggest stars 'Sheamus' from the small community centres around Ireland to global fame entertaining 50,000 people at Madison Square Garden.

We see where it all began for him and find out that many are already following in his footsteps with little support from anyone outside of the tight knit wrestling bubble.

With several Irish men and women signed to America's WWE brand this year, Ireland is now a hotbed of talent and as we meet those who knew our biggest success Sheamus, we journey through the hurdles of agents and promoters to try meet the man himself.

On the way there we find that the USA isn't the only goal for Irish wrestlers as we meet Irishmen who are employed full time in Japan and Europe, and hear how another Irishman Fergal Devitt is a household name in Japan.
    We hear how the wrestlers walk the line between sport and theatre, acting and athleticism whilst trying to develop their characters, tell stories and promote themselves to follow their dreams of making it to the next level.
    From small shows in a community centre in Dublin's Fatima Mansions to Donegal's Ballyshannon we journey into the wrestlers world, backstage, into the ring and on to the canvas to see who can be the next champ.
    Produced and narrated by Brian Kenny
    Production Supervision by Sarah Blake
    Sound Supervision by Mark Dwyer
    This programme was made with the support of the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland.
    Photographs courtesy of John Morrissey Photography and Design.
    For more info on wrestling in Ireland - www.wrestling.ie, http://mainstagewrestling.net/, http://irishwhipwrestling.com/.
    [RTÉ is not responsible for the content of external sites]

Cool stuff indeed

Advertisement