Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Steve Austin has Jim Johnston on his latest podcast,really fascinating chat with a guy who I've always wanted to hear interviewed.

Link to the show!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Steve Austin has Jim Johnston on his latest podcast,really fascinating chat with a guy who I've always wanted to hear interviewed.

Him breaking down Austin's theme was great listening. The stuff Austin didn't know about the theme that made him millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

What's the sound quality like on the interview with Jim Johnston? I've been trying to listen to a few of Austin's podcasts lately, but sometimes the audio of the guest is so poor it puts me off. Especially the last one I listened to, the Taz one.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Johnson is on the phone. It's not great when he tries to play Austin's theme on an acoustic guitar but otherwise, fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Latest edition of Wrestling Voice Radio

http://www.wrestlingvoiceradio.com/2014/01/wrestling-voice-radio-state-of-the-wwe-address-30th-january-2014/

Also on Stitcher & iTunes

In this episode we review the Royal Rumble, give a State of the WWE Address following CM Punk's departure and book our own WrestleMania card - we also take a musical journey back to SummerSlam 2002.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Jerichos last two with chavo are good, lots about Eddie and Benoit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Have only started to Listen to Austins and its Gas.

Its Gas when he starts plugging his sponsors.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Looking forward to JR's one coming out soon, hopefully he will be very blunt. Turnbuckle throwbacks is a very good podcast, they just done one on bruiser brody good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Have only started to Listen to Austins and its Gas.

Its Gas when he starts plugging his sponsors.

Trust me, you won't be long tiring of that.. :pac:

It was great to hear a Jim Johnston interview, but I think he'd have been better suited to the Jericho podcast as the questions would be more insightful than Austin's - some of them were ridiculous!! He at least understands the basics of playing/writing music.

He did a job good screening the callers the other day as they were easily the least cringe worthy I've ever heard on a wrestling show.

The fat Texican comedian was awful though. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Austin seems to be universally liked in the industry, have never heard anybody talk sh*t about him, which is a pretty unique??

Despite his redneck Republican tendencies he seems like a genuinely decent fella and I'm enjoying his show more than ever.

Kudos to him for being outspoken about Bryan/HHH/Vince etc. too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Nah, I much prefer Austin's complete ignorance than Jericho's posturing as some kind of music god.

Nah, I much prefer Austin's complete ignorance than Jericho's posturing as some kind of music god.

Haha good point, I haven't listened to Jerichos podcast other than the first show with Austin so no idea what it's like. Hopefully better than his band!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Man, you've gotta listen to the Edge interview, it's great!

I'm only listening to the episodes with wrestlers.

Enjoyed the 2 Chavo interviews on the Jericho podcast.

Loved the bit where Chavo said him and Rey put on a brilliant match in Mexico City in the 2nd last match on the card. Every one backstage was saying to them what a great match it was except for Cena (who was in the main event so was a bit pissed off I presume) and DX. When Chavo says DX, Jericho just says "typical".

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

The Chavo interviews were the best thing on jericho's so far. Bret Hart was good as always for that sort of thing, but Chavo was talking about Benoit the weekend of his death, and I hadn't heard the accounts in so much detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I enjoyed them too. The whole plugging sponsors thing is odd though. Breaking from a serious conversation to plug chocolate covered strawberries! Austin does it too. It wouldn't be hard to throw a faded bedded tune in the background so the plug is separate to the actual podcast I would have thought. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Reebrock wrote: »
    The Chavo interviews were the best thing on jericho's so far. Bret Hart was good as always for that sort of thing, but Chavo was talking about Benoit the weekend of his death, and I hadn't heard the accounts in so much detail.

Yup, really enjoyed Chavos, but I am guessing, like everyone else, that once he was finished with talking about Eddie and Benoit, I kind of tuned out. Sums up his career in a podcast!

I found Bret Harts very boring tbh. Maybe its because there was no new info, so switched off quite early.

Austin recorded with William Regal, John Cena, Zeb and Big Show at Raw this week.

I find that Bret's more recent interviews are increasingly vague like he no longer cares or is struggling to remember the details (he's notorious for that). Plus, he hasn't really contributed to pro wrestling in 15 years, so 90+% of his stories are re-hashed. Still, I'm a massive fan and will never bypass any of his interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I find that Bret's more recent interviews are increasingly vague like he no longer cares or is struggling to remember the details (he's notorious for that). Plus, he hasn't really contributed to pro wrestling in 15 years, so 90+% of his stories are re-hashed. Still, I'm a massive fan and will never bypass any of his interviews.

You know Bret suffered a stroke right?

Memory loss is often a symptom of that.

PS: I really think boards.ie should be doing a podcast :) I'd like to be on it myself.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm aware but his memory was apparently always a bit crappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yeah, I'm aware but his memory was apparently always a bit crappy.

Fair enough.

Anyways, JR recorded his podcast also, looking forward to hearing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What's the sound quality like on the interview with Jim Johnston? I've been trying to listen to a few of Austin's podcasts lately, but sometimes the audio of the guest is so poor it puts me off. Especially the last one I listened to, the Taz one.

Yeah the taz one and brain knobs one were just shockingly bad to the point I didn't finish them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The wwe have a podcast out to coincide with WM XXX and HBK was the first guest and Renee young is the host. It's pretty good actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Moneymaker wrote: »
    JR recorded his podcast also, looking forward to hearing it.

I'd really like to think JR will do an interesting podcast about his time in the WWE and WCW.

I think he might have something to say about WCW since thats ok now it's dead.

But I really think he will still be part of the Vince McMahon Kiss My Ass Club afraid to say anything even remotely controversial when it comes to the WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Moneymaker wrote: »
    PS: I really think boards.ie should be doing a podcast :) I'd like to be on it myself.

There used be one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Poke around and see if there's interest!

Was looking forward to Austin talking about being backstage at Raw, but found the.. and along came Rey Rey, along came Cameron stuff terribly cringey!!

+1 for Chavo Guerrero - Eddie/Benoit stuff was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

What does anyone think of the Jim Cornette Experience Podcast on MLW radio?
    It's a real chore to listen to him ramble on with Alice Radley

• Advertisement

I thought Cena came across well on the Austin podcast today. Austin thinks he should apply his STF better :D

Advertisement