Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

First episode of JRs podcast with guest Stone Cold - http://podcastone.com/The-Ross-Report

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

First episode of JRs podcast with guest Stone Cold - http://podcastone.com/The-Ross-Report

Rural FM radio audio quality so far

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Austin's with Zeb just landed nearly 2 hours :) should be a fun chat to listen to this afternoon.

A British Art of Wrestling podcast with a 20 year British Wrestler:

http://www.stevieknight.info/

Really like the first two episodes.

Not Magnus's biggest fan but his interview very, very good and the Marty Jones one will put hair on your chest.

Rockstar Spud will be the next guest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

What does anyone think of the Jim Cornette Experience Podcast on MLW radio?
    It's a real chore to listen to him ramble on with Alice Radley

It's dreadful. Cornette can be annoying himself but Alice Radley takes the p*ss. The back and forth between them reminds me of that guy that used to be on with Austin but it's much much worse.

It can be good depending on who the guest is (how little yer wan contributes) and especially if Kenny Bolin is on.

JR managed to capture the worst audio in the history of podcasting despite recording it at a Radio Station. It's not something that normally bothers me but this was ear bleeding stuff. Good interview all the same, looking forward to more.

• Advertisement

Joyous news for MLW listeners:
    25z7090.jpg

If you read her timeline she isn't really taking it well.

rovert wrote: »
    Joyous news for MLW listeners:
    25z7090.jpg

If you read her timeline she isn't really taking it well.

Deadly stuff!!!

The Cody & Goldust WWE podcast is fantastic.

Regal on Austin's man I could listen to him forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Only got round to listening to the Audtin pod with Steen.

Am I wrong in thinking that Austin totally didn't get Steens joke about Generico and Sammy Zane?

• Advertisement

Austin's new one is up with Lilian Garcia another fun podcast from Austin. Interesting seeing the wrestling world from a different performers viewpoint.

Austin's new one is up with Lilian Garcia another fun podcast from Austin. Interesting seeing the wrestling world from a different performers viewpoint.

Lillian was surprisingly sound compared to what I was lead to believe about her and what I heard of her on the Afterbuzz youtube channel. Great conversationalist too. Good listenin'.

Was good other than her claiming to be a songwriter.. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Why does Austin and Jericho's podcasts have adverts? It's pretty easy and relatively cheap for a novice to record, edit and upload a podcast these days. Surely they've enough saved away so that they wouldn't need to be making fools of themselves by plugging berries or whatever. Or are they making serious poke out of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yeah, of course they don't need it! But they're workers, they don't do anything for free. I'd be embarrassed hocking a cougar dating site but I'm sure there's good scratch involved. Why not bleed this thing for as much as possible. Will poke around for figures.

And its not like you're paying for the podcast now are you. It's free so so whats with a few ads you cant skip past.

I did shoot podcastone an email re:advertising, I'll let you know if I get anything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Trick is to download them and play them on your media player, makes skipping the ads very easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I've no problem with ads and all but it's annoying that it's the same companies just on rotation. I hear ads for Proflowers, Legalzoom, Stamps.com etc on every podcast regardless of whether it's comedy, wrestling or general stuff. That's a small issue that probably hampers about .00001% of my enjoyment.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Yeah, of course they don't need it! But they're workers, they don't do anything for free. I'd be embarrassed hocking a cougar dating site but I'm sure there's good scratch involved. Why not bleed this thing for as much as possible. Will poke around for figures.

It'd be funny hearing OSW advertising dating sites!

• Advertisement

Part of the deal with PodcastOne. Being on their network is preferable to doing it all yourself. And they're wrestlers - it's almost a given that they're mad for money..

Austin must have more cash in the bank than he could ever spend and other than the property he owns, it sounds like he lives like a pauper. Why anyone would go to his Amazon page or support him at this point is a mystery to me, but that's American's for you.

Worst ad's I've heard were Sherries Berries on Wade Keller's show. Immediately switched off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

gimmick wrote: »
    Only got round to listening to the Audtin pod with Steen.

Am I wrong in thinking that Austin totally didn't get Steens joke about Generico and Sammy Zane?

I noticed when he was talking to jr jr said something like "Steve,Are you saying the internet was wrong about something?" and he just kind of half acknowledged it and continued with his story(can't remember what he was talking about).Seemed for a second like he just thought it was a legitimate question from jr.:pac:

There's no ads on JR's podcast even though he says thanks to the sponsors, it's like they've been edited out.

Listening to the Goldust/Cody/Rene podcast now. I'm pretty sure Piper replaced Hall at Mania 12 not because Hall was leaving but either he was caught with drugs and suspended or Hall didn't want to work with Rhodes.

Was looking forward to Cornette's podcast today.. Big mistake.

Finished with it.

Was looking forward to Cornette's podcast today.. Big mistake. Finished with it.

That bad, eh? How come?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Can't believe he still has an audience and can do UK tours in 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Jim Ross on Opie & Anthony, he talks a bit about everything; why he was fired, Owen Hart, signing The Rock etc.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    That bad, eh? How come?

He managed to convince his co-host to come back.. A lot worse than it sounds, if you haven't heard her.

LOL, couldn't be that bad, really? No, don't listen to MLW outside Court/Pollock's stuff.

I did mention Austin shilling cougar websites, I contacted PodcastOne for rates and they charge $4,500 for a 60 second live read. Of course that'd be split between the site and Austin but that's some serious scratch either way.

• Advertisement

How many live reads for that price?

Advertisement