Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

You know the answer - Same number as Swagger world title runs :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

jaykhunter wrote: »
    You know the answer - Same number as Swagger world title runs :pac:

off
    :eek:

Imagine getting your OSW Review read on a Los Lonely Boys episode that no one is listening to.

No wonder Austin is doing podcasts for the "working man".

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Recorded a video interview with DDP in Belfast earlier tonight. It'll be on WrestlingVoiceRadio.com this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Really enjoyed Austin's podcast with Regal.

• Advertisement

Jim Ross said he is looking at dates for the UK AND Ireland for his one man speaking tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Nice detective work there Jayk.. $4,500 per ad is insane! Is that just related to Austin's show or for anybody on their network?

Also, is there any info out there on wrestling podcasts download numbers? I must greatly underestimate it if Austin is getting that per ad.

Apparently, JR was in and around number 1 in most of the English speaking countries in the sports category. That's pretty impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I enjoyed the Jericho-RVD podcasts. What was the "kerfuffle" between them that they awkwardly alluded to?

I enjoyed the Jericho-RVD podcasts. What was the "kerfuffle" between them that they awkwardly alluded to?

Jericho would play politics and was a lick arse in RVD eyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Big Show does an uncanny impression of Hogan on the new Austin podcast. :eek:

• Advertisement

Really enjoying JR's podcast so far. His perspective is very interesting and he gets great interviews from his guests - not based around their Wikipedia page.

He seems to be arguing that WWE were planning Bryan's big moment and people should just be patient - that doesn't add up at all.

As long as they're selling his BBQ sauce, some of the bootlicking will probably continue.

Great show all round though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I just listened to his show with Maura Renallo and really enjoyed it. Its a lot more smooth than Austins.

But those f@@king ads. My god :(

Trish Stratus is the latest one. Ill give it a miss. I didn't like her Austin effort.

Jim Ross' whinging about the internet is pathetic and his company man schtick is embarassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Chris Nowinski on Jericho's latest I enjoyed it and would love to hear more of Nowinski talk. I know he was talking in Dublin last year even though most of it would have gone over my head but the work he is doing now in general is amazing and life changing not many ex wrestlers ex anyone for that matter can say that.

Jericho to have Chyna on next week hope it's not a pg chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Jim Ross' whinging about the internet is pathetic and his company man schtick is embarassing.

Please elaborate!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Please elaborate!

You know when he used to say "And some jackass is sitting at home going 'oh yeah, well they know how to fall', how do you learn to fall off a 20ft ladder?!" during his commentary on matches with high spots? Well, listen to his podcasts and it's like he's really angry at these sort of people he thinks are on the internet saying such stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

RVD talks some ****e about weed

RVD talks some ****e about weed

I didn't listen to his 2 Jericho interviews. I cant stand the chap. Every interview he has turns into why weed is the best thing in the world.

You look and sound like an absolute stoner mate. Theres 2 disadvantages for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

I didn't listen to his 2 Jericho interviews. I cant stand the chap. Every interview he has turns into why weed is the best thing in the world.

You look and sound like an absolute stoner mate. Theres 2 disadvantages for you.
    Twas good except the ten/fifteen mins he goes on about weed in the second one

What happened to Van Dam's WWE return last year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

afaik, hey asked him to extend his contract into the winter and he didn't want to, he came to Raw there around the Rumble to see if he could get a wrestlemania payday and they turned him down.

Enjoyed Stephan Bonnar on Stone Cold's podcast. Some funny stories and interesting stuff about weight cutting etc. If you're into that sort of thing!

RVD said he'd back at some point but has no confirmation yet. Skippable shows.

Chyna sounds interesting.

Jericho's interview with Chris Nowinski on concussions is pretty interesting. Might make you whince the next time you see unprotected head shots and the like.

Big thumbs up for Mick Foley's appearance with Jim Ross. Great chemistry between the two.

Lita was perfectly nice on Jericho's podcast and the dynamic between them was a change of pace. Jim Ross interviews Lita next week!

Roddy Piper had done a blogtalkradio type podcast but he is the latest PodcastOne signee.

Wrestlers interviewing Wrestlers on the internet.

rovert wrote: »
    Big thumbs up for Mick Foley's appearance with Jim Ross. Great chemistry between the two.

Lita was perfectly nice on Jericho's podcast and the dynamic between them was a change of pace. Jim Ross interviews Lita next week!

Roddy Piper had done a blogtalkradio type podcast but he is the latest PodcastOne signee.

Wrestlers interviewing Wrestlers on the internet.

Don't think I could listen to Piper every week.

Don't think I could listen to Piper every week.

Love his bag of tricks. Mixture of a carny, drugs rotting your head, naturally crazy and someone who has spent too time in Hollywood.

Flicking the switch to talking really low and slowly when he wants to emphasise a point or situation is my favourite thing.

Got a link for this one? I can't find it.

Got a link for this one? I can't find it.

There isn't one yet. Only announced yesterday. It will air Mondays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Listened to the Auston podcast with Stefan Bonnar. Really enjoyed it even if Bonnar came across as a total mark for Austin.

His Iceland story was brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Love his bag of tricks. Mixture of a carny, drugs rotting your head, naturally crazy and someone who has spent too time in Hollywood.

Flicking the switch to talking really low and slowly when he wants to emphasise a point or situation is my favourite thing.

If it's anything like his interviews on the DVD, I'll love it.

Advertisement