Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Buff Bagwell on The Art of Wrestling with Colt this week. This could be an interesting chat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Buff Bagwell on The Art of Wrestling with Colt this week. This could be an interesting chat.

Interesting in a different way. He is off the drugs. It is the stories that are interesting. Really good show.

The Wrestling Observer have a free interview with Mick Foley:

http://www.f4wonline.com/component/content/article/112-wrestling-observer/36009-free-today-bryan-alvarez-and-dave-meltzer-talk-to-mick-foley-about-daniel-bryan-storyline-hbk-and-randy-orton-matches-rainn-wrestlemania-raffle-with-awesome-first-prize-santas-and-more

My favourite titbit is that the whole hug it out gimmick was a rib on Daniel Bryan as he hates hugs and is strictly a handshake guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Don't think I've ever enjoyed Roddy Piper on anybody elses podcast so definitely won't be listening to his.

Jericho can become pretty tedious too, but I've never liked him so probably not the best judge.

Always enjoy the Q&A's with Austin (questions can become repetitive though).

JR/Foley (the Cena of the podcast world, needs to go away for a while) was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Did anyone listen to Jim Cornette's rant about Angus T. Jones from Two and a Half Men? Hahahaha. So true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

rovert wrote: »
    A British Art of Wrestling podcast with a 20 year British Wrestler:

http://www.stevieknight.info/

Really like the first two episodes.

Not Magnus's biggest fan but his interview very, very good and the Marty Jones one will put hair on your chest.

Rockstar Spud will be the next guest.

ya I enjoyed it something different, Doug Williams is on this week

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Interesting in a different way. He is off the drugs. It is the stories that are interesting. Really good show.

Two Judy Bagwell's in his life now :D It was a really good show.

No Holds Barred gets reviewed by the fairly high profile How Did This Get Made podcast:

http://www.earwolf.com/show/how-did-this-get-made/

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

That series is fantastic. I'm so happy they're tackling a few of the Hogan movies now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

One of the best podcasts in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I have started listening to the New Generation Era Project podcast. They review PPVs and cover the mid 90's period of post-Hogan and pre-Austin. I started with Wrestlemania X which is pretty good, they're almost as good as OSW.

Been listening to loads of podcasts reviewing past Wrestlemanias - New Gen project, Attitude Era podcast, Place to Be Nation, Review-A-Wai. Has anyone any recommendations for more?

Wrestlespective focus on one match from various cards but it is very good:
    http://wrestlespective.com/post/31199243835/1990s

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

http://solomonster.podbean.com/ Being listening to this guy past few weeks ,sums up a weeks wrestling excellent :)

Thanks rovert, will check out a few of those. I'm going to be seeking out podcasts covering the last 5-10 Manias now.

What podcast app do people here with Android devices use?

David Bixenspan wrote a great piece in the latest FSM on the legal issues between Ultimate Warrior and Vince McMahon. He did a podcast interview on it here: http://indeedwrestling.podbean.com/2014/03/29/wrestlenomics-radio-w-special-guest-bix-32914/

The documents that form the basis of he story are available on pacer.gov if anyone has access.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Listened to JR's podcast with lita today, I felt it was so so awkward and he nearly came across as a pervy old fella.

Also turnbuckle throwbacks is a great podcast for anyone who has not listened to it, might have mentioned it already. Bout an hour of news talk then they discuss a topic a PPV or specific subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Listened to JR's podcast with lita today, I felt it was so so awkward and he nearly came across as a pervy old fella.

Yeah, I thought the exact same. Uncomfortable listening at some parts. Poor Stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Had no interest in listening to his Lita podcast until now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

How was Austin on JR's podcast? There was a snippet today in a WWE article about Austin/Hogan @ WMX8 and he fobbed off the reason as "the match wouldn't be good enough". Does he spout garbage in the whole pod? Does his pod have revisionist history as well?

David Bixenspan wrote a great piece in the latest FSM on the legal issues between Ultimate Warrior and Vince McMahon. He did a podcast interview on it here: http://indeedwrestling.podbean.com/2014/03/29/wrestlenomics-radio-w-special-guest-bix-32914/

The documents that form the basis of he story are available on pacer.gov if anyone has access.

Yeah Bix finally revealed the big revelation in was contained in his article. Vince made an offer to the Ultimate Warrior in December 1997 to return to WWF for a huge figure of $750,000 and the highest royalty rate in the company. How history come have been really different.

• Advertisement

Yeah Bix finally revealed the big revelation in was contained in his article. Vince made an offer to the Ultimate Warrior in December 1997 to return to WWF for a huge figure of $750,000 and the highest royalty rate in the company. How history come have been really different.

There's loads of things in a short period of time that could have changed the direction. As was said in the podcast if Warrior had signed a 5 year deal he'd have still been in a contract until 2002 which is just unfathomable.

You'd have to think that Vince was worried about how far he could go with Austin after the neck injury.

Warrior main eventing ppvs through out 98 instead of Austin really would have put them out of business!

Warrior main eventing ppvs through out 98 instead of Austin really would have put them out of business!

I THINK Warrior was just going to be a special attraction. Kind of what like what Undertaker largely was. But I don't know for sure obviously.

At the time WCW was signing up tonnes of former WWF wrestlers. Possible Vince thought he'd pick up Warrior lest they get.

Hate to be Bret Hart. Shunned for Warrior and then Tyson.

Had no interest in listening to his Lita podcast until now!

Only half listened but Lita is a terrible guest. She's been on everything recently and I've only listened as a last resort when I had nothing left.

Will re-listen to the JR one.

New Colt Caban live audience podcast with Luke Gallows and Cliff Compton is pretty fun.

Consequence in the Voices of Wrestling was a surprisingly good listen too, he's a big fan of wrestling.

Jake Robert's Wrestlemania podcast was horrid. His voice was in bits and his phone line was diabolical.

Enjoyed the Attitude Era Podcast's Q&A podcast. Like OSW's it worked out really well.

Whopper edition of my favourite podcast:
    Three plus hours, 12 shows previewed — it’s the annual Voices of Wrestling WrestleMania Weekend preview podcast where we run-down the cards from Ring of Honor, Dragon Gate USA, Evolve, SHIMMER, Kaiju Big Battel, Mid South/TCW, WrestleCon and of course WrestleMania XXX. Hear what we’ll be watching, Joe Lanza’s proven Path of Success and much more!
    See a rundown of the cards, locations and ordering information for each and every event at http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2014/04/03/2014-wrestlemania-weekend-schedulecards/
    Time-stamp for individual days:
    Thursday – 00:10:52
    Friday – 00:14:30
    Saturday – 01:10:00
    Sunday – 01:38:00

http://traffic.libsyn.com/voicesofwrestling/072.mp3

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2014/04/04/2014-wrestlemania-weekend-preview-podcast/

Jericho is impossible to listen to. The interviews themselves are not too bad but anything either side of that is incredibly irritating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Jericho is impossible to listen to. The interviews themselves are not too bad but anything either side of that is incredibly irritating.

I was thinking about that yesterday. I can't stand the way he impersonates a guitar and hits that cowbell. I also hated the heavy metal guests he's had on.

Another thing that annoys me is the music after Jim Cornette's podcast. I usually hit the stop button as soon as it starts.

Advertisement