Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Don't let Heyman fool ye, he made Dave "Melty" Melty look like a right tit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Don't let Heyman fool ye, he made Dave "Melty" Melty look like a right tit.

What's this now? Meltzer said CM Punk is going to be on Austin's podcast? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Was catching up on podcasts last night, I though the AoW with Rich Swann was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

That Austin podcast with Heyman was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm glad there is a part 2 with Heyman to come.

• Advertisement

Part two on Austin's podcast is gas, Heyman recounts getting scolded for listening in to a Raw conference call when he was on the Smackdown writing team and tells some crazy Vince story about sneezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

Didn't Austin say he is hoping to have taker in his show some time soon. That I look forward too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Part two on Austin's podcast is gas

Is it up? It's not showing up on my subscriptions yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is it up? It's not showing up on my subscriptions yet.

Its been up from early morning. Probably just need to refresh you're podcast app if thats what you use.

The Heyman conference call story was brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Balls, was on the unleashed cast. Downloading now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Garseys wrote: »
    That Austin podcast with Heyman was excellent.

Yea it was.. Heyman is brilliant mimic. I like Austin's podcasts. He comes across well in between the incessant plugging of various things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Got such a cringey feeling when they started talking about the Heyman Hustle thing. Shoutout to Ireland's own Georgia Salpa for getting a tattoo on her arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I stopped fast forwarding through the introduction to see what he was blabbing on about and Austin congratulated James Storm on winning the TNA title. Thought that was pretty funny. Also the end of that conference call story was so great.

Got such a cringey feeling when they started talking about the Heyman Hustle thing. Shoutout to Ireland's own Georgia Salpa for getting a tattoo on her arse.

I skipped past all that rubbish about putting pictures of women in bikinis on his website myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

In the first heyman podcast he took a bit of a swipe at sheamus which was interesting when talking about guy's the e has heated up but didn't have it to stay on top

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

jmolloy wrote: »
    In the first heyman podcast he took a bit of a swipe at sheamus which was interesting when talking about guy's the e has heated up but didn't have it to stay on top

I completely agreed with everything he said on that subject. A few months ago I did a mailbag for balls.ie where we got a question in about how WWE were dropping the ball with the likes of Cody and Dolph and said pretty much the same as Heyman: lads have to take responsibility for their own lack of success and not wait for it to come. Hogan didn't let anyone get near top spot, Warrior treated himself as importantly as Hogan, Michaels walked into Vince's office and demanded he be a top guy, Austin didn't settle for being saddled with the Ringmaster gimmick, Rock decided to start speaking in third person, Cena out worked every single person who came close to him, Punk dropped a pipe bomb, Bryan tricked everyone by growing a beard and screaming "YES!" a lot etc.

You don't get prizes for showing up and just working hard in this business. Yes men quickly get old. This isn't a dig at Sheamus in particular, I don't know his situation, but what have the midcarders that people want pushed badly done to ensure this happens beside exactly what they're told to do? I don't see why they should be made millionaires if they don't have either the brainpower or initiative to come up with that something extra to stand out. If they don't succeed, it's on them and nobody else. Have said that for years and I'm delighted someone with the wisdom of Heyman has said so publicly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

100% agreed with heyman as well but it was interesting to actually here 2 people with prominent voices in the wrestling community to express in an open forum something that has only really been whispered and came out in dribs and drabs till now. I've heard in said before in relation to Miz, who is to much of a company guy for his own good, but the fact sheamus was mentioned was surprising as wwe always seem to have people protect and not call him out on what has been a complacent last couple of years. i'd be interested in a sheamus v caesaro programme if heyman took this line on tv

100% agreed with heyman as well but it was interesting to actually here 2 people with prominent voices in the wrestling community to express in an open forum something that has only really been whispered and came out in dribs and drabs till now. I've heard in said before in relation to Miz, who is to much of a company guy for his own good, but the fact sheamus was mentioned was surprising as wwe always seem to have people protect and not call him out on what has been a complacent last couple of years. i'd be interested in a sheamus v caesaro programme if heyman took this line on tv
    Heyman comes packaged as part of the deal with Lesnar and once the WWE want the latter the former is pretty much untouchable so he can say what he likes. I doubt WWE/Vince cares what Austin says tbh and he has been critical of some of their creative for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Sheamus has another gear in him performance-wise, I've seen it in person, though I'm not sure if he's ever been pushed to embrace it on a show from the indies or in WWE (he's likely never needed to). Working with Heyman and being pushed in that direction could be an amazing step for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Just got through with part 1 of Austin's chat with Heyman and I thought it was excellent. Awesome hearing heyman sell Austin on the idea of Lesnar vs Austin, indeed that match would be MONEY!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Reebrock wrote: »
    Just got through with part 1 of Austin's chat with Heyman and I thought it was excellent. Awesome hearing heyman sell Austin on the idea of Lesnar vs Austin, indeed that match would be MONEY!

Can't find part one on the podcast one site, where'd I find it?
    Listening to part 2 here. Its brilliant. Steve is great, he just let's him talk when he needs to - too many hosts need to be overbearing. Hayman is funny as hell. The bit about the conference calls is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Deadlie wrote: »
    Can't find part one on the podcast one site, where'd I find it?
    Listening to part 2 here. Its brilliant. Steve is great, he just let's him talk when he needs to - too many hosts need to be overbearing. Hayman is funny as hell. The bit about the conference calls is amazing

http://podcastone.com/program?action=viewProgram&programID=542

Just made some green tea, about to rock part 2 of the Heyman episode. Excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Other than a couple of stories told at the end (which were great) I didn't enjoy most of part 2. Heyman talking sh*te about tattoos and twitter and some bogus PR company wasn't terribly entertaining.

His perspective is probably the most interesting of all though.

To be fair, I could listen to Heyman talk about rot and still be entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Other than a couple of stories told at the end (which were great) I didn't enjoy most of part 2. Heyman talking sh*te about tattoos and twitter and some bogus PR company wasn't terribly entertaining.

His perspective is probably the most interesting of all though.

I thought it was really inspiring. It was un-stuffy business talk and to me it highlighted why he's still very relevant; if you don't keep up to date you get left behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I'm probably the odd one out so. ;)

I'm not trendy enough for FB or Twitter so that didn't really interest me and the dirty old man chat was a bit stomach churning. I'm sure his theories were on point though.

Sounds arsey ^.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Listened to JR's podcast with Foley, Foley was good but I really found Ross insufferable.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Listened to JR's podcast with Foley, Foley was good but I really found Ross insufferable.

He is a grand auld lad for the interruptions isn't he? For someone who spent his career being to told to "lay out" during ring entrances, angles and promos he can't seem to let the interviewee respond without interruption.

Listened to the first three Roddy Piper podcasts. Really crap. Roddy's worst traits on show: scatter brained, rambling the odd super obvious lie. Deleted the feed.

Advertisement