Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert wrote: »
    He is a grand auld lad for the interruptions isn't he?

He never interrupts to say anything particularly relevant either. Usually him just trying to be funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

He never interrupts to say anything particularly relevant either. Usually him just trying to be funny.

And he doesn't do the podcast for the "working man" like Austin

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Listened to the first three Roddy Piper podcasts. Really crap. Roddy's worst traits on show: scatter brained, rambling the odd super obvious lie. Deleted the feed.

I only gave Roddy 10 minutes of the first before deleting it! For someone so well known for being good on the mic, I find him very hard to listen to now!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Yeah Roddy started going downhill in a big way in the late 2000's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

I enjoyed Roddy's podcasts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I only listened to the Roddy podcast to find the Nash thing. I won't be going out of my way listen to more episodes. As someone said, he's just rambling.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Roddy comes across like a punch drunk boxer at times. His memory is shot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Roddy comes across like a punch drunk boxer at times. His memory is shot.

A touch of Eamon Dunphy about him too.

Cornette on JR's latest. This could be fun to see can JR interrupt Cornette if he is on a rant and roll :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hey, you know paid podcasts (Keller, F4W) - do any of them have an itunes feed, otherwise how do you listen to them on your phone/mp3 player?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Hey, you know paid podcasts (Keller, F4W) - do any of them have an itunes feed, otherwise how do you listen to them on your phone/mp3 player?

With the Torch you manually enter their podcast rss feed and password on your app. Not all apps support it, but most do.

BeyondPod doesn't if I remember correctly.

Assume Meltzers are the same.

Both the Torch and Observer radio have their free shows on the Stitcher app if that's of any use to you.

Threatening to pay money for audio shows, Jay? :eek::P

Ha, yeah considering it. Been listening to more F4W with the listen live feature and I really like Bryan, Vinny and Craig. I'm shocked Bryan doesn't make other people on the site upgrade their audio equipment though, it's a large drop when he's not hosting. What's the F4W board/community like?

Ha, yeah considering it. Been listening to more F4W with the listen live feature and I really like Bryan, Vinny and Craig. I'm shocked Bryan doesn't make other people on the site upgrade their audio equipment though, it's a large drop when he's not hosting. What's the F4W board/community like?

A joyless chore these days. Decent place to schill OSW though.

A joyless chore these days. Decent place to schill OSW though.

Ah, that's a shame. From the songs/drops thought it'd be a madhouse! I never like seeing people signing up just to shill so I wouldn't, hopefully our fans would :pac: Are the hosts on the board too or only step in when it's necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Stone Cold's podcast episode with Heyman was fantastic.

Is there any other episodes of Stone Cold's podcast that I should check out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Cena, Big Show, Zeb, Bryan, Nash off the top of my head are all fun.

Listened to Review-A-Scooby. It was good but not as good as the OSW review.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Listened to Review-A-Scooby. It was good but not as good as the OSW review.

Yeah, doesn't match to the OSW standard, still good though.

• Advertisement

Yeah, doesn't match to the OSW standard, still good though.

"This match had terrible psychology!". Nothing Wai Ting could have said was going to be able to touch that line :D

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Austin's podcast with X-Pac was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

His best one imo was with Stefan Bonnar.

If you haven't heard X-PAC on some of his other interviews it's definitely one of the best. Stephan Bonnar was great.

Chael Sonnen was pretty good too if you like MMA.

I enjoyed Austin's latest with referee Jim Korderas. Nice to see wrestling talked about from the referees point of view. He also talks about Owen Hart as he was the referee in the ring the night Owen died.

Listened to some of Cornette with the Honky Tonk Man.. Same old stuff from Cornette but laughed my b-llocks off when Honky Tonk said he was backstage at WWE a while ago and none of the divas had a clue who he was..

Love Cornette and Kenny Bolin together but other than that it's a terrible podcast imo. Cornette is dated big time.

Apparently Dusty Rhodes has a podcast coming soon.. It's overkill at this stage.

I liked Cornette and Honky a lot. Cornette commenting on Daniel Bryan when he hasn't watched WWE in years was rather cringe though.

Really enjoyed this:
    BmLiCjmCAAE021G.jpg

https://twitter.com/AEPodcast/status/460117920304353281

Triple H was a glorious prick.

I watched that episode recently so am listening to the review now. 1999 was a terrible year for wrestling quality in WWF but christ almost everyone was over. Crowds were hot for pretty much everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

1999 was the best. I get this euphoric sensation when I watch Triple H interrupt the wedding. Same with the loud crowd pops Austin and The Rock got back then.

Advertisement