Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

An absolutely fabulous weekend of studying and podcasts await me.
    Amidst a sea of audio problems, Joe and Justin return to continue their trek through 90′s WWF! The cover the first three months of 1996 and still manage to go for a hundred minutes. Steve Austin! Mick Foley! JBL! None of whom are called by those names! Plus the Raw Bowl, Billionaire Ted, Supersock, and lots more we didn’t make up. Plus learn the origins of Justin’s name and why Joe is like Mudhoney! A labor intensive 100 minutes as we close out the New Generation!

http://www.thecubsfan.com/2014/05/08/joe-versus-the-world-74-wwf-1996-january-to-march/
    We return from a two-week hiatus with a monster show recapping a huge weekend in wrestling including NJPW Wrestling Dontaku, WWE Extreme Rules and Dragon Gate’s Dead or Alive. We also preview the upcoming Ring of Honor/NJPW Global Wars, discuss WWE financials, WWE network and more!
    http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2014/05/09/wrestling-dontaku-extreme-rules-dead-or-alive-global-wars-more/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Justin Shapiro is so far and beyond the best to ever podcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

John Pollock closing out their review of Legends House with Scooter was just amazeballs. Had no idea Scooter were known over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Listening to Piper's Pit and Jake announced he's cancer-free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I'm 6 mins in to the Jericho / Daniel Bryan podcast and Jericho still sounds like he's talking through a cardboard tube. Very annoying. Will switch to Part 3 of Austin/Bischoff instead I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

I'm 6 mins in to the Jericho / Daniel Bryan podcast and Jericho still sounds like he's talking through a cardboard tube. Very annoying. Will switch to Part 3 of Austin/Bischoff instead I think.
    it's well worth sticking with very enjoyable and Bryan as always comes off really well,Especially since it was done after his dad died very strong minded guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

JR really overstated and oversold his HBK podcast.. it wasn't great.

Stone Cold's podcast is still the best imo

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

latest part of Austin's chat with Bischoff was good, mostly all wrestling. some good q&a stuff from people's questions.

JR really overstated and oversold his HBK podcast.. it wasn't great.

Haven't listened to the second part but the stuff Shawn said about Undertaker's Wrestlemania match had already been reported.

Maybe Jim was just ribbing "The IWC".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Does Bischoff talk much TNA during the Austin podcasts?

• Advertisement

First 3 parts not a word apparently even when Garrett is mentioned in passing. No idea about Part 4.

nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Made the mistake of listening to a Konnan MLW. He really is a tool. Deleted after his opening few words.

gimmick wrote: »
    Made the mistake of listening to a Konnan MLW. He really is a tool. Deleted after his opening few words.

He's an obnoxious jackass. His rants about "banging" women are particularly disgusting.

Pipers podcast with Jake is very good. Jake sounds great but sadly he says that Scott Hall is struggling/slipping :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

He's an obnoxious jackass. His rants about "banging" women are particularly disgusting.

I like Konnan's shows, think they're a good laugh actually.

Jericho/Bryan was much better than his interview with Austin.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Listening to Wrestling Observer this week I think Bryan Alvarez on his own isn't good without the help of Vinny, Dave Meltzer, Todd Martin etc I know he's gone away somewhere for the week but he'd be better off not doing the show at all instead of a hotel room somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He can't win no matter what he does tbh. People bitch about him doing a lack of shows too when he goes on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Steve Austin noted on Twitter that Triple H is ready to appear on his podcast and will be on in the next few weeks.

Now that will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Listening to Wrestling Observer this week I think Bryan Alvarez on his own isn't good without the help of Vinny, Dave Meltzer, Todd Martin etc I know he's gone away somewhere for the week but he'd be better off not doing the show at all instead of a hotel room somewhere

I'm an admirer of what Alvarez has done with F4W as a brand and how he's built it, but can't listen to him very often. He's got a poor wrestling brain and awful sensibilities when it comes to the product, as well as his annoying voice (which I could stand if the content was solid). It doesn't help that he takes an authorative tone on the subject; I actually like listening to fanboys being fanboys, there's an honesty and passion that usually shines through, but Alvarez doesn't seem to realise he's just a fanboy and not Dave Meltzer, which creates a huge disconnect for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Alvarez's After Dark show amuses me because he's kind of the opposite from his wrestling shows on it.

Thought the Sempervive/Meltzer shows were alright. Their Sin Limite shows where Meltzer answers questions from a mailbag for about two hours are amazing, you get so muh info out of Meltzer.

If you need some crazy in your day, Teddy Hart's interview on MLW is nutso.

He's a swinger, is eating deer and going to teach Konan yoga. And loads of other wacky stuff.

...Oh and his cat seems to like his second hand weed smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

He's a bit annoying but there's not many characters like Teddy Hart in wrestling.. Could be so good.

Teddy is fun to listen to once every year or so.

Also this:
    sw3ad5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just listening to the cesaro interview on jericho podcast. I'm really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Only started listening to The Steve Austin Show - Unleashed.
    It's pretty good. I started with the Flair interview. It's well worth a listen :)

Rick Flair Pt 1

Rick Flair Pt 2

Seemingly add Bill Goldberg to the long list of Podcast One radio hosts no has time to listen to realistically.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

rovert wrote: »
    Seemingly add Bill Goldberg to the long list of Podcast One radio hosts no has time to listen to realistically.

Jesus.

This is what happens when your catchphrase is "Who's Next?".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

If we get a podcast industry crash in a few years time, Podcast One will be the first to crumble.

Advertisement