Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

When was the last time Austin had a great episode?

Without researching. Heyman.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

I considered myself a Foley fan up till around 2006 and now I'd rather shoot myself in the brain than listen to/watch/support anything he does.

What set you against Foley? I did get a bit tired of him around this time but sill find him enterainting

The Joey Cabrary interview half way into this podcast:
    https://soundcloud.com/raginrick/low-blows-xxvi-how-to-pronounce-finn-balor

Interesting insight into the WWE hiring process.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

just got into the http://kevingillshow.com/ he has some nice interviews with a lot of wrestlers and punk musicians that know CM Punk, his 2 part interview with Rhino is good.

just got into the http://kevingillshow.com/ he has some nice interviews with a lot of wrestlers and punk musicians that know CM Punk, his 2 part interview with Rhino is good.

Not a bad podcast and I know he is very good guy but my God does his "I am so thankful and grateful" and "I am just a fan yo" thing wear on you a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

I considered myself a Foley fan up till around 2006 and now I'd rather shoot myself in the brain than listen to/watch/support anything he does.
    Foley himself has lately been fairly critical of how he was for a good few years there (circa TNA and the first few years of the one man shows when he thought he was a standup comic instead of that guy who used to wrestle). I think overall he's a really good egg but he is a bit desperate for everyone to like him and his tantrums wind up being quite annoying as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Insideandout

I'm a regular listener to most of the wrestling podcasts I can find. Talk is Jericho, Pipers Pit, The Ross Report, Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling, Austin Unleashed and Goldbergs to name a few. I'm trying to find Justin Roberts right now, does anyone know where/when I can catch that one?

Austin's Unleashed Show this week is going to be commentary synced up to his Wrestlemania 17 match against the Rock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

What set you against Foley? I did get a bit tired of him around this time but sill find him enterainting
    Even for a wrestler after around 2006 he became the most annoying person in the world over the course of 5 years. He'd fall out with Vince over something and go on to Melty's show and bitch and moan before going back.
    Foley himself has lately been fairly critical of how he was for a good few years there (circa TNA and the first few years of the one man shows when he thought he was a standup comic instead of that guy who used to wrestle). I think overall he's a really good egg but he is a bit desperate for everyone to like him and his tantrums wind up being quite annoying as a result.
    That's good to hear. He seems like a nice guy but I still wouldn't really be interested in what he has to say (he said it all pretty much before anyways). Still not as bad as current JR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I enjoy JR's show. Love how he lectures/trolls the fans. I've yet to hear anybody say anything good about it. I think he's hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

I think JR's hilarious but I'm definitely laughing at him rather than with him. He's pathetically reverent to anyone he perceives as above him and a bit of a grouchy arsehole to most everyone else. Took about 2 podcasts to see why Vince was always so fixated on humiliating him.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Interesting podcast from austin in the unleashed show where austin has the match with him and rock from wm 17 playing and he is talking over the audio and explains the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

This weeks Austin podcast is easily one of his best, synced the podcast up with the visual and it was a real joy to watch/listen

Someone synch the podcast with the video here:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/kd6TJSizKgENhp96p2u

Very much enjoying the Attitude Era podcast. Wasn't sure at first but it's hilarious. Loved their review of Broken Skull Challenge.

The Irish fella carries it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

If some lad proposes to his girlfriend via an email to Stone Cold at the 58 minute mark of episode 162.

Austin doing more call in shows. So repetitive, he's phoning it in!

New attitude era podcast is good. Loved the Goldberg skit. The main English guys prudishness irritates me. Constant uhh, ahh, eww takes away from the show. Complete fanny and unsuitable for this show. I do like his impressions though. Kefin is a legend.

Does anyone listen to Goldberg's podcast? I mean, anyone?!

Sabu is on jerichos latest podcast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Jesse Ventura is on pipers, very good.

Listening to sabu and its seems no one likes sandman or at least aren't complimentary about the guys in ring work.

But in fairness what I've seen of sandman he wasn't going to win wrestler of the year anytime.

Jesse Ventura is on pipers, very good.

Is it wrestling based or is it Ventura ranting about America ?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I softened on Ventura ranting about America just because I like the sound of his voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Ageyev wrote: »
    Does anyone listen to Goldberg's podcast? I mean, anyone?!

They might if he had any wrestlers on, It's pretty ridiculous wrestling made him a very wealthy man in a short space of time, Would be cool if he had some of the wrestlers who he had his best matches with or were a significant impact on his career, Sgt Buddy Lee Parker, DDP (although he's being on a good lot of podcast already), Scott Steiner, Raven(he hasn't appeared on anyone's podcast that I know of) Hugh Morris, Louis Theroux .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is it wrestling based or is it Ventura ranting about America ?
    Wrestling mostly

They might if he had any wrestlers on, It's pretty ridiculous wrestling made him a very wealthy man in a short space of time, Would be cool if he had some of the wrestlers who he had his best matches with or were a significant impact on his career, Sgt Buddy Lee Parker, DDP (although he's being on a good lot of podcast already), Scott Steiner, Raven(he hasn't appeared on anyone's podcast that I know of) Hugh Morris, Louis Theroux .

Raven has been on enough shoot interviews to last a lifetime tbh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Was DDP the last actual guest on Austin's podcast. That was a good few weeks ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Anyone that's signed up to F4W/WON, is there any other podcasts on the site as good as Bryan & Vinny? I don't mind taking a dip in analysis for amiable personalities. Preferably not covering WWE RAW & PPVs. I was against paying for wrestling pods but I'm considering checking out F4W instead of the Network.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Anyone that's signed up to F4W/WON, is there any other podcasts on the site as good as Bryan & Vinny? I don't mind taking a dip in analysis for amiable personalities. Preferably not covering WWE RAW & PPVs. I was against paying for wrestling pods but I'm considering checking out F4W instead of the Network.

Anything DKP related and whenever Dave and Mike Sempervive do a Sin Limite show.

Advertisement