Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I hate that about some podcasts. more often than not when the hosts start talking about their weekends or what they've been up to, I'm out! Don't ever change.

Oh, stop it you! :o
    I wonder who the biggest star in wrestling is at the moment that used torrents after Seth's disgusting revelation that he stole content.

Woah, you mean pirated TV shows? I'd imagine younger American wrestlers overseas (Alex Shelly etc) all would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Jean Pierre LaFitte would rob the eye out of your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Jerichoholic. You made me laugh out loud there.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder how edited the "Live" Austin-McMahon podcast will be after the week that it's been in the world of wrestling podcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Hoping they tape another couple hours after it goes off-air and release it on the Unleashed show. I'd imagine Austin will want to give his own show the boost too.

• Advertisement

Well I'd say everything will be fairly well rehearsed, if it does end up being in any way live, ha.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Well I'd say everything will be fairly well rehearsed, if it does end up being in any way live, ha.

Both Steve and Vince have awful memories. It will be the same limited talking points you've heard on WWE DVDs.

WWE are calling it the Stone Cold podcast. As they own that trademark and why Austin's PodcastOne podcast is called the Steve Austin Show.

Yeah, expect "Punk screwed Punk, move on" levels of dismissal. If you've ever heard the Shareholder's Conference Call question-dodging, it'll be that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I dunno, was chatting to a mate about this over the weekend and I have a feeling he may look to challenge it head-on. Vince knows the power of a bit of real life controversy, he saved his company with his reaction to the Screwjob sure. And I doubt he took it well being so publicly called out. You've gotta keep in mind how much of an alpha male you're dealing with here. Vince loves a scrap. Austin also loves the Punk story and brings it up with any guest of his, so I'm sure he'd love to quiz Vince on it now we've got the revelations.

The only thing that would stop Vince is if he feels there's legitimacy to Punk's claims - particularly around the medical issue - that would raise awkward questions from shareholders. Otherwise it's all just PR and a chance to get WWE some mainstream media coverage.

Alvarez reported that Vince was more upset than angered (It was H that was livid); I can't see him shooting or speaking candidly. He'd be all crocodile tears with "we're family" and all that and then withhold paycheques, suspend and slap him with a breach of contract! It's business, I can't see him actually being upset (beyond being upset from a company-damaging PoV). However I hope you're right and he gets all Alpha Male and puts Punk in his place. It'd be incredible listening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Look at it this way lads (I'm factoring in that I think Boards is the most level-headed site in regards to wrestling).

We either get Vince responding to it and lighting a nuclear bomb under a reasonably strong bonfire or we get to see the online freakouts we missed when Bryan actually was put over at Mania instead of losing to Triple H.

One way or the other it will be a fun week.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Punk's second podcast could be fun if himself and Colt wait to record it till after they listen to Austin-McMahon for $9.99.

There could be some mighty fan question coming to them from what is said on the WWE podcast.

Or the stage falls on Vince before the interview starts:

:p

What are the odds of us actually seeing Steve Austin on Monday Night Raw proper any time soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

PAAHALL! I can't feel my legs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

So Im going to be that annoying noob, I was into wrestling podcasts before but stopped about 3 years ago, anybody got good links to shows? I have seen a few people talking about good ones and the odd link to a totally different podcast, the cabana punk one seems to be the major one lately if anyone has a link.
    Watched the Austin one, was made even better as he seemed to be enjoying it himself, although I just think he is a major mark for himself.

If you scroll back a couple of pages you will see a You Tube version of Art Of Wrestling from this week, posted by Rovert. It's really quite a good show. I hadn't listened to any of Colt Cabana's podcasts in a few years, and even back then I had only listened to his very first ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    So Im going to be that annoying noob, I was into wrestling podcasts before but stopped about 3 years ago, anybody got good links to shows? I have seen a few people talking about good ones and the odd link to a totally different podcast, the cabana punk one seems to be the major one lately if anyone has a link.
    Watched the Austin one, was made even better as he seemed to be enjoying it himself, although I just think he is a major mark for himself.

The obvious ones are all on Podcast One

Jericho
    JR
    Austin

Then there is the likes of Live Audio Wrestling (Law) and MLW. MLW with Bower and Pollock on Wednesdays is my favourite, but it has about 5 different pods a week with presenters like Konnan (awful) and Jim Cornette who can be quite interesting/annoying/funny in equal measures.

I'd be slow to recommend the premium WWE Superstar podcasts, they don't need the attention. (and jeez, the endless, endless shilling) Here's what's on my iPod:

Review-a-Wai: They do RAW and a classic wrestling event each week - they do (well, did) iMPACT too. John also does a weekly news chat with Court Bauer from MLW. Wouldn't recommend the weekly LAW show as the host Jason Agnew plays a derisive troll it. Not a fan of Konnan on MLW either.

Butts in Seats Podcast chronicling WCW during their heyday. Light-hearted informational and have a laugh. The show is a combination of podcasters from other shows.

Place to Be Podcast, live watch both old and new shows, and go through old PPVs sequentially (they're up to Unforgiven 2003 now).

Piledriver Wrestling Audio Show: Just returned, do a wide range of reviews (WWE, TNA, NJPW etc) as well as a great chat about the Punk podcast on their latest show. Really informative podcast.
    Full disclosure, my own podcast is on Piledriver Wrestling with Place to Be. There's others on the site that I listen to but I don't want to sound shilly!

I'd also recommend Bryan & Vinny's shows and Observer (Bryan & Meltzer) but they're behind a pay-wall.

Cheers for the link to The Place To Be. I never even heard of that one before. I am gone right back to 2011 now and am going to listen to what they're saying and see if anything they thought was going to happen, did happen. Why didn't you put a link to your own podcast up there as well?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'd be slow to recommend the premium WWE Superstar podcasts, they don't need the attention. (and jeez, the endless, endless shilling) Here's what's on my iPod:

Review-a-Wai: They do RAW and a classic wrestling event each week - they do (well, did) iMPACT too. John also does a weekly news chat with Court Bauer from MLW. Wouldn't recommend the weekly LAW show as the host Jason Agnew plays a derisive troll it. Not a fan of Konnan on MLW either.

Butts in Seats Podcast chronicling WCW during their heyday. Light-hearted informational and have a laugh. The show is a combination of podcasters from other shows.

Place to Be Podcast, live watch both old and new shows, and go through old PPVs sequentially (they're up to Unforgiven 2003 now).

Piledriver Wrestling Audio Show: Just returned, do a wide range of reviews (WWE, TNA, NJPW etc) as well as a great chat about the Punk podcast on their latest show. Really informative podcast.
    Full disclosure, my own podcast is on Piledriver Wrestling with Place to Be. There's others on the site that I listen to but I don't want to sound shilly!

I'd also recommend Bryan & Vinny's shows and Observer (Bryan & Meltzer) but they're behind a pay-wall.

Alvarez puts up a free show every now and then and there is the live phone in show on Sunday night along with Mike Sempervive.

Other podcast suggestions:

Voices of Wrestling (review show/general, also covers NJPW and non-WWE/TNA wrestling)
    Shake them Ropes (review show, mostly WWE/TNA)
    Wrestlenomics (business analysis stuff, mostly WWE/TNA)
    Wrestling Culture (current day reviews as well as some historical stuff)

Jim Cornette is most enthusiastic ranting about politics or talking about historical stuff.

The title and description of Austin's latest podcast:

xQHzwOg.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

He's right too. Vince's obsession with sports-entertainment is fooling nobody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Lapsed Fan podcast review of Wrestlemania 14 is up - http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/531659-the-lapsed-fan-wrestlemania-14 . Dave Meltzer appears at 54 mins in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

He's right too. Vince's obsession with sports-entertainment is fooling nobody.

Is it worth listening to.

So does the Steve Austin podcast include more than what we saw on the Network, after it ended?

So does the Steve Austin podcast include more than what we saw on the Network, after it ended?

Next Tuesday's episode will have part 2 of the interview with Vince. This episode is him rambling to his missus and then one of his drinking buddies. Skip.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I think in your head online has some hidden gems in its back catalogue and often gets overlooked besides Live Audio Wrestling and Wrestling Observer they were one of few podcasts back 10 years ago and are still going today https://www.youtube.com/user/jackiyh

http://www.inyourheadonline.com/

rovert wrote: »
    Next Tuesday's episode will have part 2 of the interview with Vince. This episode is him rambling to his missus and then one of his drinking buddies. Skip.

Okay cool. I still haven't had a chance to listen to this week's Art Of Wrestling as I have been running around like mad the last couple of days so maybe I'll wait til Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

http://podcastone.com/chaelsonnen

Brilliant interview. Could listen to those two talk all day. Give it a listen I found it fascinating. Some funny stories and amazing its the first time they've ever talked.

Advertisement