Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm a glutton for punishment taking Vince out of his box at three minutes to 5 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I think im gonna have to quit on Jerichos podcast. It takes him literally 20 minutes to get to his interviewees each time. Between plugging me undies, plugging Amazon, Fozzy, his book, (all of which can be bought on Amazon dontcha know), then we have to listen to a Fozzy song, then more plugs... Its too much. 75% of the podcast is plugs.

Austin is also on Podcast One, but it seems he doesn't plug nearly as much as Jericho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Austin had Meltzer on non-sweary podcast this week. They talk UFC, MMA, CM Punk and beat the dead horse of what's wrong with WWE and what WWE ought to change (it's good if you haven't heard these points raised before)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I think im gonna have to quit on Jerichos podcast. It takes him literally 20 minutes to get to his interviewees each time. Between plugging me undies, plugging Amazon, Fozzy, his book, (all of which can be bought on Amazon dontcha know), then we have to listen to a Fozzy song, then more plugs... Its too much. 75% of the podcast is plugs.

Austin is also on Podcast One, but it seems he doesn't plug nearly as much as Jericho.

Jericho is consistently the best podcast for me these days, his guests (even the wrestling ones) are different from the rest and he does a great interview. Sure the plugs are annoying but you can just scroll ahead. Different strokes though, I guess.

So I fell asleep listening to the Vince Russo & Chael Sonnen podcast last night. I remember the two of them starting off with a bit of a love-fest and Chael Sonnen saying MMA fans are marks.

• Advertisement

Loved the Sheamus story on that one. Revealing... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Ryback came across well in the Jericho pod today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Ryback came across well in the Jericho pod today.

Will it be deleted a day later? :pac:

Ryback should do a podcast where he talks to philosophers and historians and the like. It'd rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

http://podcastone.com/Talk-Is-Jericho

link to ryback on jerichos podcast very good listen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Dixie Carter is JR's first guest in 2015. Could be interesting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Dear God! Is the pod in general worth the usual 3-4 hour listen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Even Joe Rogan would find that excessive

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Dear God! Is the pod in general worth the usual 3-4 hour listen?

The Meltzer bits are good and Encarnacio has pulled together some decent trivia tidbits but his mate is very annoying. They have a rather depressing segment where they run down a list of deaths.

I'm going to go for Talk Is Jericho tonight instead, I think. If I really need a fix of WrestleMania XVII that badly, I'll just turn on the Network and watch Steve Austin shake hands.

Yeah I don't have 7 hours for any podcast (2 is pushing it for one show - it'd have to be the CM Punk interview or something else can't miss). I mean, that's not a criticism, if there's a market for it podcasts are entirely opt-in so they can do what they want, but it's stuff like that that shows people doing them aren't formally trained in broadcasting. The name of the game is self-editing and getting as much good content into a compact amount of time.

Better to have 30 minutes of home run content than 3 hours with only 30 great minutes, at least IMO, but hey I guess there are people on night shifts etc who enjoy marathon length stuff.

The Meltzer segment is at 26minutes in. They discuss Austin's turn and the WCW fallout; they don't cover any other matches but for a brief mention about Bobby Heenan calling the Gimmick Battle Royal.

AE Podcast/Cinema Swirl crossover Christmas special! - Reviewing The Wrestler

https://soundcloud.com/the-attitude-era-podcast/aepodcast-cinema-swirl

Remember screening this one Christmas. We paused it halfway to get more drink. My father, brother and girlfriend all asked if it had a happy ending. Me = :o

Good shout Rovert! I've only listened to one or two of the Cinema Swirls but love the AE shows.

I think I went to see this in a cinema with a partner at the time. Similar deal.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »

Nah, you've to sign in for it.

Dean Ambrose's interview on Jericho's show is quite good. He has toned down the high pitched squealing and the ads are less intrusive in this one. Ambrose touches on the usual problems in WWE with cookie cutter promos and matches, audience of 1, no long-term direction etc. Also talks about his aborted angle with Mick Foley, working in developmental, beginings and break-up of The Shield, headlining Hell in a Cell etc.

Jericho's memory for dates and events seems quite poor...

Heads melted from all New Japan preview podcasts I've so JBL on Jericho's podcast was a fine chant and welcome change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I have to say I really enjoyed the Preview-a-wai Wrestle Kingdom podcast.

Just listened the JR Dixie Carter interview was absolutely nothing and was clearly taped WEEKS ago. The standard massively hyped Ross interview that doesn't live up to it at all. Total softball merchant.

Garseys wrote: »
    I have to say I really enjoyed the Preview-a-wai Wrestle Kingdom podcast.

Same. Love hearing Pollock take NJPW.

Japanese Audio Wrestling review was very good too. Place to be Nation also did a review of it which is a more "casual fan" take.

Taz is podcast is pretty good follows the Podcast One formula but without the ads. His thoughts his debut at Royal Rumble and the fallout backstage is the highlight. Edge's interview is every Edge interview ever largely. Taz reviews WrestleKingdom at the start of the podcast.

Review A Wai is reviewing the RTE Devitt doc next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

rovert wrote: »
    Taz is podcast is pretty good follows the Podcast One formula but without the ads. His thoughts his debut at Royal Rumble and the fallout backstage is the highlight. Edge's interview is every Edge interview ever largely. Taz reviews WrestleKingdom at the start of the podcast.

Is there a link to his pods anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

For me it's hard to beat the LAW lads. Pollock and Wai Ting have some great chemistry and are so easy to listen to.
    I quite like MLW too. It's fantastic for hearing behind the scenes stories of what Vince, Hunter etc are really like backstage.
    Low Blows is decent too but Rick Nash constantly laughing hysterically at unfunny things is unbearable to listen to at times. The whole show is him laughing.

Advertisement