Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Pollock is excellent in all his podcasts. My weekly favourite is Bauer and Pollock on LAW/MLW.

I did stop listening to Bauers show with Konnan though. A real nasty piece of work is Konnan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

rovert wrote: »
    Just listened the JR Dixie Carter interview was absolutely nothing and was clearly taped WEEKS ago. The standard massively hyped Ross interview that doesn't live up to it at all. Total softball merchant.

Dixie is on this Friday on the PWTorch Livecast with Wade Keller. Hoping he does a better job, but I just think Dixie is an awful interviewee. Splinters in the arse big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Dixie is on this Friday on the PWTorch Livecast with Wade Keller. Hoping he does a better job, but I just think Dixie is an awful interviewee. Splinters in the arse big time.

It's the same deal as all those Jarrett interviews. These aren't candid interviews or anything, they're just promotional stuff. You're not going to learn anything you don't already know. So they don't really make for very interesting listening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Hogan's interview with Chris Jericho was pretty enjoyable. One of the most charismatic men in the World spinning some yarns.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Hogan's interview with Chris Jericho was pretty enjoyable. One of the most charismatic men in the World spinning some yarns.

I love listening to Hogan lie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I think the Taz podcast could be pretty cool actually. If for nothing else, he should be able to get some pretty obscure guests on. Chris Chetti springs to mind talking about the ECW House of Hardcore, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

Clicked on this link by accident on Podcast One:

http://podcastone.com/podcastcharts

Surprised to see Jericho above Jim Ross considering how annoying he is and his shít taste in music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

leggo wrote: »
    I love listening to Hogan lie.

He will never cease to amaze me.

http://exclusive.hulkhogan.com/chris-jericho-on-the-hulk-hogan-podcast/

Facts aren't the point with Hogan interviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Jericho thinking he made Fandango tells me he's heading down the Hulkster route. Not the only one though. All your favourites will be the same in 20 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I think Jericho is still in disbelief he agreed to do that based on the amount he brings it up, it's like he thinks he can make it matter and not let it stain his legacy if he keeps talking about it (let's face it, it's the moment we realised he wasn't to be taken seriously as a contender anymore and was just getting paid).

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Are the Wrestlers on Podcast One getting paid for doing the shows or what's the story with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I couldn't tell how much but the fact they have ads (plenty of them too) would guarantee the podcast is subsidised. PodcastOne have these guys on contracts as far as I know too so it seems like a legit venture. I'm sure Bill Goldberg makes less than Austin etc.

Steve Austin recovered a "lost" Heyman interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Steve Austin recovered a "lost" Heyman interview

Was in his recycle bin for months, I assume? Either that or he accidentally saved it to My Documents instead of Desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Looking forward to Shamrock appearing on JR's podcast - his interview with Austin was excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Looking forward to Shamrock appearing on JR's podcast - his interview with Austin was excellent

Sad to see Shamrock resorting to fighting travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Sad to see Shamrock resorting to fighting travellers.

Yeah really is; bet that wont happen! He'll find some excuse

Wai Ting bravely attempts to say Radio Telefís Éireann during their review of Devitt's documentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Wai Ting bravely attempts to say Radio Telefís Éireann during their review of Devitt's documentary.
    He also pronounces 'three' in an Irish accent omitting the H. Lol.

• Advertisement

Just finished this:
    https://twitter.com/TalkIsJericho/status/556141690541850625

I've always liked the Usos they seem so sound in real life. Recommend this as the Network has launched:
    http://network.wwe.com/video/v36986229
    The Usos -10 Hours To Houston captures the compelling story of twins Josh and Jon Fatu from childhood to their WWE Tag Team Title reign.

The Umaga talk on the Uso's interview with Jericho is so sad. Just losing him to drugs and the responsibility they feel in carrying on his name. They seemed closer to him than their father Rikishi.

Best show Alan has done in a while and it is free:
    DR. KEITH PRESENTS: Vince makes us happy, Vince makes us sad! WWE in 2014!

Oh we have a HYOOOOOGE episode of the DKP on offer for you this week for FREEEEEEE right here at http://www.f4wonline.com. We're happy to be joined by Justin Shapiro who contrary to rumours, did not retire in a blaze of glory after the Christmas show. Not only that but we've got CELEBRITY PUNDIT Todd Martin, yes that Todd Martin, the one who crushed the dreams of a young Tim Henman in 1996. Such an stout pairing was needed to tackle a mammoth year of WWE stories, a year that teased us with so much and yet ultimately ended up headbutting us between the eyes as we moved in for the kiss. So join Todd, Justin and Alan as they discuss Bluetista, the Shield, Brock, the Stinger and so much more on a monster FREEEEE edition of the DKP!!!! CHECK IT!!!

http://media001.f4wonline.com/free/011715dks.mp3

Quite enjoyed Taz's podcast with Mike Tenay.

Keller's appearance on Austin show is good but not groundbreaking. Austin really noticed Rock's look after he raised Roman's hand.
    Quite enjoyed Taz's podcast with Mike Tenay.

Tenay is a dote. The draft made a change from all the furrowed brow post-Royal Rumble podcasts I've been listening to.

Hearing Tenay talk about wrestling makes me feel sorry for the mountain of rubbish he's had to call in the last thirteen years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Keller's appearance on Austin show is good but not groundbreaking. Austin really noticed Rock's look after he raised Roman's hand.

Tenay is a dote. The draft made a change from all the furrowed brow post-Royal Rumble podcasts I've been listening to.

In my sleepy haze this morning I accidently played last year's post-Rumble Observer Radio and was listening for a quarter of an hour before I copped that it wasn't this year's show.

Hearing Tenay talk about wrestling makes me feel sorry for the mountain of rubbish he's had to call in the last thirteen years.

Would love to sit beside Tenay on a Trans-Atlantic flight or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Looking forward to the HHH podcast now,felt he towed the line a bit with Vince which was always going to happen.He wasn't going to talk about wrestler unions or some other stuff Punk alluded to.Creative is pretty much all there is to talk about right now so that should be interesting.

• Advertisement

Very behind on audio but this seems to have been a good week:
    http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2015/01/30/wrestling-podmass-january-30/

Advertisement