Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

On Austin's next podcast, he gives a straight up, no BS bottom line on himself and wwe.

This could be good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

On Austin's next podcast, he gives a straight up, no BS bottom line on himself and wwe.

This could be good.

Denied everything.

Was a big, big fan of the Vickie interview. As nice as you've ever heard she is.

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/586568659662802944

Like the podcast in general but if you listen to a lot of Wrestler podcasts check out the start of the show.

https://twitter.com/AEPodcast/status/586477657535205376

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

rovert wrote: »
    Like the podcast in general but if you listen to a lot of Wrestler podcasts check out the start of the show.

https://twitter.com/AEPodcast/status/586477657535205376

I thought it was very well done the start. I think Austin is the best and the plugs for the sponsors are being kept to the bare minimum which is good. And also he seems happy with his life when he does the Q and A parts and includes his wife in them, which is why I don't think he'll ever come back to the ring.

• Advertisement

GREATLY enjoyed this podcast as niche as it maybe. Following this period was ridiculously difficult if you lived in Ireland as it still operated via VHS tapes but I was reading Powerslam Magazine and the internet at the time. Eventually caught up when people transfered the VHS comp tapes to DVDs and/or on to Youtube.
    Kris is joined by Rob Naylor and WES HATCH!!!!! to discuss the rebirth of the US independent wrestling scene of the early 2000’s. We wax poetic about all of the greats of the era such as Ric Blade, Xavier, Rockin’ Rebel, The Messiah, Mr. Ooh La La and other scrubs like Low-Ki, American Dragon, & Homicide. Listen to us mark out over a coked up Juventud Guerrera and the greatness of Eric Garguilo & John House!!!

http://placetobenation.com/exile-on-badstreet-3-the-rebirth-of-the-indies/

Twas a really fun, ambitious, diverse and creative period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I'm halfway through this and even though I havnt seen much if any of the stuff mentioned so far its great listening to the guys be so enthusiastic and actually explaining everything. Hoping the second half is just as good

William regal is on jerichos podcast this week and I'm only a few minutes in and I just love listening to him talk.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    William regal is on jerichos podcast this week and I'm only a few minutes in and I just love listening to him talk.

Regal kind of has a "patter" that makes all his interviews very samey but this was a fair bit different from the standard. I really liked it.

I recommend his book, Itssoeasy if you like the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,820 ✭✭✭✭briany

Could listen to Regal talk all day. His stories of the old days make me want to watch some World of Sport clips.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm loving The Place To Be Vintage Vault episodes from back in 2011. I'm on 1991 at the moment.

Wait till you get to 96 onwards the half year reviews with Kevin Kelly are really good imo

Yeah I noticed on the website that he became a part of their team, is he a regular on the podcast?

Only on the 6 month reviews they get his view on each ppv as an insider at the time. Then by time hes finished in WWE in 2002 they started the Kevin Kelly show which I can take or leave depending on the guest

1662000_1586265304981752_915688245_n.jpg

Would he ever do the unthinkable and become some sort of ambassador for her company perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Would he ever do the unthinkable and become some sort of ambassador for her company perhaps?

Nope. 0% chance.

Another:
    ** Add Booker T to the list of wrestlers with podcasts. WrestlingInc. is reporting that he’ll be hosting a show called Heated Conversations on CBS Radio’s Play.it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Own up lads, who is Sheamus talking about on Jericho's podcast when he mentioned Boards?! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Brendão wrote: »
    Own up lads, who is Sheamus talking about on Jericho's podcast when he mentioned Boards?! :P

What was said?

And is the Jericho/Steph podcast worth checking out or is it Steph doing a PR exercise (which I can do without)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

What was said?

And is the Jericho/Steph podcast worth checking out or is it Steph doing a PR exercise (which I can do without)?

Sheamus was talking about back when he was wrestling in front of crowds of 20-30 people and Joey Cabray would tell him that people had been slating the show on Boards afterwards and Sheamus couldn't understand why wrestlers like Joey cared what people said considering there was only 20 'smart fans' in the audience.

I think that was the jist of it, lol. Was a very good interview I thought, Sheamus came across really well. For me, its always a good sign when I want the interview to continue on. He talked about IWW, what he did beifore being a wrestler, his tryouts with WWE, the heat he got from being champ so quickly, who he liked being in the ring with, what he's doing going forward with his new gimmick etc. I also got a laugh out of hearing that Del Rio pronounced 'Sheamus' as 'Shah-Moose', lol

Between Austin and jericho's podcast stone cold is miles ahead of Chris. I love Steve Austin talking to his wife or talking to Shane Douglas( great interview btw) and he holds my interest and we don't get the fozzy ****e on the Austin podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,820 ✭✭✭✭briany

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Between Austin and jericho's podcast stone cold is miles ahead of Chris. I love Steve Austin talking to his wife or talking to Shane Douglas( great interview btw) and he holds my interest and we don't get the fozzy ****e on the Austin podcast.

Austin is better on the monologue, but Chris is better on the interview. Chris has a nice, intimate conversational style and he seems really interested. Not that Austin isn't interested, far from it, but he's always waiting to get his next question in. He's a little edgier.

Praise Jesus
    CEV_CMWW0AAIoK3.jpg

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Nope. 0% chance.

Has there been anything further on his podcast about John Cena and the stunner?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Has there been anything further on his podcast about John Cena and the stunner?

I haven't heard anything since he addressed it on the Steve Austin Show in mid-April (not mentioning 'stealing' the move, but saying it would've been great if it was established as a finisher rather than a new signature spot), I don't think we'll hear more about it. It looks so awkward!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Vince McMahon's incensed intro to King of the Ring 1993 on Review A Wai this week is brilliant. Proper cartoon villain stuff. Did he do these often :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Listened to the second part of the Dixie Carter conversation on austins podcast. For people who had never spoken before they came across as very friendly. I think Steve enjoyed the fact she calls the thing pro wrestling. She came across really well I have to say.

Advertisement