Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,820 ✭✭✭✭briany

ERG89 wrote: »
    Vince McMahon's incensed intro to King of the Ring 1993 on Review A Wai this week is brilliant. Proper cartoon villain stuff. Did he do these often :pac::pac::pac:

He did the intro to the Royal Rumble 1992 as well.

"It's time for the Rumble! It's time for the Royal Rummmmmblllllllle! "

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

rovert wrote: »

No is it any good ? I'm happy to be surprised but from listening to his podcast appearances I won't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Flairs podcast is going to be an excellent train wreck. I want Foley and Shane Douglas to be guests. Then Jim Herd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Just finished JR's pod with Tazz as the guest. Enjoyed it and really came across as 2 guys who like each other having a chat.

• Advertisement

Reebrock wrote: »
    Flairs podcast is going to be an excellent train wreck. I want Foley and Shane Douglas to be guests. Then Jim Herd.

oh Jim herd would be all kinds of win as the tension would be unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I haven't heard anything since he addressed it on the Steve Austin Show in mid-April (not mentioning 'stealing' the move, but saying it would've been great if it was established as a finisher rather than a new signature spot), I don't think we'll hear more about it. It looks so awkward!
    You pretty much took the words out of my mouth. I'd like if Cena used it even more.

The J.R podcast with Mark Madden that you linked in another thread was pretty good I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

Jericho constantly referred to Balor as a UK wrestler and "being from the UK" on the podcast this week with Finn not saying a word to him about it. Surprised by that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    Jericho constantly referred to Balor as a UK wrestler and "being from the UK" on the podcast this week with Finn not saying a word to him about it. Surprised by that

Wow, that's surprisingly ignorant for a world-travelled guy like Jericho. That's Finn being a class act and not embarrassing him. Chris's probably just skimming his notes and saw NWA UK Hammerlock on his CV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Jericho is a bit of an overrated spa tbh and a few tours of Japan in the 1990s hardly means someone is immune from lumping Ireland in with England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Poor auld Fergal was a bit "apprenhenious" going to WWE.

He said the very same on the Irishman abroad podcast aswell ha!

Ah don't mean to be slagging his wording, he genuinely seems like a great fella in any interview I've heard, level headed with great temperament he will be good in the locker room I bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

The J.R podcast with Mark Madden that you linked in another thread was pretty good I thought.

I enjoyed it, but I don't think Madden came off well. His booking idea of getting TNA Taryn Terrell to dress up as Penny and getting a male wrestler to look like Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory made no sense.

To be honest I was just tuning out when they were talking about that stuff. I had it on in the background. I was interested when they were talking about Steve Austin and the NXT women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Boom Boom...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Lapsed fan podcast is great, they're legitimately the two biggest geeks I've ever heard (it's actually shocking how big of geeks they are, like), I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,820 ✭✭✭✭briany

Jesse Ventura was on the latest episode of Talk is Jericho. Some great stories with that man. Of course, they also talk about his interest in conspiracy theories including Jessie's belief that the WTC buildings were felled by a controlled demolition. Kind of funny to listen to Jericho walk that line between agreeing with Jesse or calling him a crank.

"Food for thought, definitely.... "

I listened to a couple of the podcasts on the Nerdist website, having followed the link to the article they did on Finn Balor the other day. It seems they have some sort of relationship with Booker T on there, which made me laugh when they had him on the phone. The sound effects really bugged me after a while though, little snippets of old promos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Wheres the best places for downloading these podcasts ? Would love to bring in the car with me on the phone

• Advertisement

Wheres the best places for downloading these podcasts ? Would love to bring in the car with me on the phone

On Android: AntennaPod, BeyondPod, Stitcher. The Podcastone shows havd to be downloaded manually.

MLW and PWTorch have their own apps.

Brett hart doesn't like Eric bishoff going on his apearance on JRs podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Itssoeasy wrote: »

What did he say?

Itssoeasy wrote: »

*Opens up iTunes*

jaykhunter wrote: »
    What did he say?

From memory the phrase "nearest thing to an imbecile." was dropped.

Well people probably cut the back off of Eric Bischoff on podcasts on a regular basis anyway?

Bohsjonny formerly of our parish made his podcast debut. Interesting listen hard to believe the year is half over:
    https://twitter.com/Alan4L/status/607669808390406144

Anyone here listen to The Art of Wrestling by Colt Cabana?

Anyone here listen to The Art of Wrestling by Colt Cabana?

Now and then depending on the guest. I listened to the Kevin Sullivan interview recently. If you've heard Sullivan before you've not missed much on this one.

• Advertisement

Jericho has said his Friday episode will have bill demott to give his side of the story.

Advertisement