Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Jericho's interview with Axel Rotten is pretty good. Some good stories regarding his past drug issues and time in WWE and ECW

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Jericho has said his Friday episode will have bill demott to give his side of the story.

I'd be very weary of Jericho as he's already planted his feet in the "WWE is great DeMott is great everyone shut up" side of the litany of sexual/physical abuse stories. Lemme know how it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'd be very weary of Jericho as he's already planted his feet in the "WWE is great DeMott is great everyone shut up" side of the litany of sexual/physical abuse stories. Lemme know how it goes!

To be fair, while 99% of the time I'd agree that Jericho is pro-WWE no matter what, I don't think his defence of DeMott comes from that place. I think it's genuinely a case of him being friends with the guy. And the theory behind all that DeMott did has merit, as does a lot of the public endorsements from guys who worked with him and made it. It's his methods that brought him down, the devil was in the detail really. He crossed some lines that made him poisonous and indefensible. And he's not a very likeable or sympathetic guy either. The latter shouldn't particularly matter in the position he was in, but in the end his trial was held in the court of public opinion and it did.

But I also kinda feel for Jericho's position: there's something to be said for the guys that brought DeMott down looking for a scapegoat to blame for their own failures...that's wrestling, pretty much! Find me a guy who didn't make it and, 99.99999% of the time, you'll have him blame a bunch of people, even indirectly, during his explanation of why he's not a millionaire now. Forsaking a 'real life' in the name of following your dream of being a big-time wrestler is a risk and you'll face ridicule and judgement from those around you every step of the way until you prove them wrong. When it doesn't pay off - as it doesn't for most - it can be a bitter pill to swallow (especially when guys don't have other career options, which is often the case) and that blame game and scapegoating is an unfortunate but natural result of that.

So Jericho, looking at it, sees a guy he likes getting crucified, hears the theory behind his actions and agrees with it (as do I - the theory that is, not the methods), sees a bunch of never-was' complaining that it's someone else's fault they didn't make it...and this is the end result. It's a misguided PR move on his part, but he's standing behind an unpopular stance and fighting his corner, where even WWE won't. That alone is somewhat admirable. And it's definitely not a case of him just peddling WWE propaganda. WWE would much rather this whole thing just go away, I guarantee. It's a story that's barely comprehensible to long-time fans in 2015, never mind if it grew legs and mainstream media ran with it in a meaningful way.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Anyone listen to Piper's podcast? Just wondering what he and Jake Roberts said to piss off Davey Boy Smith Jr. so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Griever931 wrote: »
    Anyone listen to Piper's podcast? Just wondering what he and Jake Roberts said to piss off Davey Boy Smith Jr. so much.

Piper's podcast is shít, tried to listen to his one with Jim Cornette, someone I have a lot of interest in, and it was woeful. He spends most of his time cackling and ranting and his voice goes up and down like a hooker's drawers. Wouldn't revisit it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Sounds like my idea of a good time, all things considered. I'd like it if The Iron Sheik appeared on some of these things more frequently, to get that real old school crazy buzz going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Have any of you heard austins unleashed podcast today bloody hilarious story about him on it

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Renee Young is on jerichos latest podcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

And guys don't worry if you missed the Charleston shooting because there's a completely out of place news bulletin at the very end just because you've been a very good boy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

https://twitter.com/ColtCabana/status/611635746533814272

Justin tells unreal story. Either never knew or totally forgot
    that his father was shot in the head and murdered in front of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭brassringclub

rovert wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ColtCabana/status/611635746533814272

Justin tells unreal story. Either never knew or totally forgot
    that his father was shot in the head and murdered in front of him.

I listened to this the other day.
    Does Colt not say at the end that Justin's dad killed himself? I felt like maybe I missed something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Realpaul

I listened to this the other day.
    Does Colt not say at the end that Justin's dad killed himself? I felt like maybe I missed something.

No Colt was in the middle of a crazy couple of Travel days and probably just mixed up the story.

Jesus Christ that's horrible. Oh my God.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Anybody else shocked that Flair's podcast isn't an equal of Piper's and is actually pretty damn good?

Reebrock wrote: »
    Anybody else shocked that Flair's podcast isn't an equal of Piper's and is actually pretty damn good?

Some ways yes and some ways no. He has always been able to present himself well on local US talk radio shows like Matt Madden's in Pittsburgh. He does a couple of corporate gigs too. The death of Reid and Charlotte's success has mellowed him out he used to sound so belligerent, bitter and obnoxious before that. In light of that his partying stories don't sound as sad and pathetic as they once did as it doesn't seem he is out to prove himself when telling stories.

The latest episode with David Crockett was extremely good if you knew or watched what they were talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Konnan back on MLW today. Whoppeee

gimmick wrote: »
    Konnan back on MLW today. Whoppeee

Pretty good episode I thought. Both Court and Konnan make an effort to keep things lively. The show probably needed a break away. Most podcasts should take an off season yet few do.

Still slowly making my way through The Place To Be. I'm on Royal Rumble 1995 at the moment. I'm lighter than I have been in years due to going walking listening to it everyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Pretty good episode I thought. Both Court and Konnan make an effort to keep things lively. The show probably needed a break away. Most podcasts should take an off season yet few do.

I just cannot stand Konnan. Comes across as a really nasty piece of work.

Very behind on podcasts but I've heard similar things about these podcasts. It has been a very strong week:

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/614548446029021184

• Advertisement

Still slowly making my way through The Place To Be. I'm on Royal Rumble 1995 at the moment. I'm lighter than I have been in years due to going walking listening to it everyday.

Really like those guys, very thorough, the show's like an information packet on everything to do with and surrounding each PPV.

Sure I began listening to it from the start when you recommended it to someone on here man.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

The Taz podcast gets a lot of ****, but I quite like it for the ECW talk. It's a horse that's been beaten to death at this point, but when he is having a chat with D - Von, RVD and Sabu etc, there are some points of interest for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Flairs podcast is really good.

Anyone listen to this podcast? Love Nattie, Tyson (& Davey Boy)'s love of throwing older Hart family members under the bus:
    -This week's episode of “Talk is Jericho” with Chris Jericho features Tyson Kidd and Natalya at this link. Jericho noted that Natalya was one of his first guests when he started doing the podcast and was the very first person he named when WWE asked who he wanted to interview.

At the end of the show, Jericho asked about Bret Hart's return to the ring in 2010 at WrestleMania 26, and what it meant to the Hart Family. Tyson said that WrestleMania was the first time the entire family was together since Stu Hart's funeral six years earlier, and even that was a milestone considering how splintered the family became after Owen Hart's tragic passing. Natalya said that even WrestleMania was not without its drama and Kidd added that the first problem occurred when Natalya's Aunt Allison told off John “Johnny Ace” Laurinaitis, the then-head of WWE talent relations. She caused a scene on Thursday—days before any of the festivities, because she was hungry, and didn't feel like she should have to pay for her own food.

Bret was said to be furious with his family and reminded them that while they might be making special appearances, Tyson, Natalya, and Harry Smith still had to work in WWE. Ross Hart asked why their behavior should affect the current Superstars, to which Bret responded: “Do you have rocks in your head, Ross?”

They described the planning process behind Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon at WrestleMania and said Vince was in a room with the Hart Dynasty, a dozen additional members of the Hart Family, Triple H and Shawn Michaels. Vince laid out the format, and Bruce Hart interrupted with: “No, this doesn't make sense. That basically turns you babyface.”

Bruce started coming up with alternate ideas, before Vince could even get into the match. Bruce continued to interrupt and said that Batista should be involved, because of his prior altercation with Bret. Michael "PS" Hayes responded with: “Batista's got kind of a big match that night.”

For those that don't remember, Batista headlined that show against John Cena. Bruce started pitching SummerSlam matches until Bret interrupted him and ordered him to shut up. Bruce then decided to stop talking to the group and began to whisper loudly to his brothers. Natalya's mother stood up out of nowhere and said: “I think Jim [Neidhart] should be involved.”

Jim, according to Natalya, is the most normal one in the family, probably because he's not a blood relative, and decides to keep his mouth shut. Then there was a debate over who would play the part of the special referee. Bruce was originally pegged for the role but according to the rest of the family, “Wayne was always the referee in Stampede. Wayne should be the referee.”

According to Natalya, Vince McMahon was very entertained by all of this.

www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Natalya_and_Tyson_Kidd_on_Hart_Family_Problems_at_WrestleMania_26_Vince_McMahon_s_Reaction.html

Would it not be best to use spoiler tags? Judging by the little bit I read and by the size of the piece it shows a big part of what was said on the Podcast.

Would it not be best to use spoiler tags? Judging by the little bit I read and by the size of the piece it shows a big part of what was said on the Podcast.

Why? Doesn't the first paragraph and me posting it in the Podcast thread not make it clear it is from the podcast?
    -This week's episode of “Talk is Jericho” with Chris Jericho features Tyson Kidd and Natalya at this link. Jericho noted that Natalya was one of his first guests when he started doing the podcast and was the very first person he named when WWE asked who he wanted to interview.

It's grand I was just suggesting it.

It's grand I was just suggesting it.

Listen to any podcasts recently? Like any?

• Advertisement

Listen to any podcasts recently? Like any?
    Ehh yes, why?

Advertisement