Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

The Hart family are a bit of a disaster, although it would have made more sense for Wayne to be the ref

• Registered Users Posts: 60,641 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Piper is claiming Austin got him fired from Podcast One platform because of one his guest ripping the p1ss out of Austin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Would it not be best to use spoiler tags? Judging by the little bit I read and by the size of the piece it shows a big part of what was said on the Podcast.

Ah, I think anything interesting coming from a podcast counts as news/information, spoilers are more of a TV/PPV thing. Recapping the best bits of a podcast is more of a service to everyone on the board. Get to skip the soul-crushing shilling too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I've hit In Your House on The Place To Be. It's starting to get even more entertaining as they cover shows that they weren't really too high on when they aired, as well as the listeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Piper is claiming Austin got him fired from Podcast One platform because of one his guest ripping the p1ss out of Austin.

Piper claims a lot.

• Advertisement

Roddy Piper could have been better than Steve Austin if he had been 10 years younger I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ah, I think anything interesting coming from a podcast counts as news/information, spoilers are more of a TV/PPV thing. Recapping the best bits of a podcast is more of a service to everyone on the board. Get to skip the soul-crushing shilling too! :)
    You're right I'm sorry, and Rovert if you see this (which you better!) you were only doing it for the good of everyone so thanks :)

rovert wrote: »
    I'm going to totally contradict myself and ask if you could spoil that part for me please :D

I'm going to totally contradict myself and ask if you could spoil that part for me please :D

Austin said that 4-5 months back he did get an episode of Pipers show pulled because of stuff said about him ( said 'personal' stuff so i doubt it's just an impression) but that had nothing to do with Piper leaving Podcast One. He said he spoke to the Podcast One boss who told him that Piper no longer wanted to do the show and quit.

I think Piper being Piper just wanted to stir up some controversy.
    You're right I'm sorry, and Rovert if you see this (which you better!) you were only doing it for the good of everyone so thanks :)

Nah it is grand. Largely better safe than sorry when it comes to spoilers but at the same time you can go OTT and inhibit discussion.

• Advertisement

Can anyone remember what it was that Roddy Piper said about Steve Austin on his podcast? Considering all of the things that get said about wrestlers, I'm really curious to know what this could even have been, if Austin went to Podcast One and asked for it to be removed. The beauty of most podcasts is that they can be listened to after the fact, I think anyway. Most of the wrestlers' podcasts I have heard are overviews on the interviewee's career.

Here's the episode of Piper's Pit that was taken down, the one which he apparently said everything about Stone Cold https://soundcloud.com/piperspit/pp-ep-63?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=twitter

Can anyone remember what it was that Roddy Piper said about Steve Austin on his podcast? Considering all of the things that get said about wrestlers, I'm really curious to know what this could even have been, if Austin went to Podcast One and asked for it to be removed. The beauty of most podcasts is that they can be listened to after the fact, I think anyway. Most of the wrestlers' podcasts I have heard are overviews on the interviewee's career.

It wasn't Piper it was one of his guests Will Sasso impersonating Austin.

Do you know whereabouts in the podcast it is? I'm heading out the door in the next few minutes.

The one I posted there is the one I think.

I meant what section of the podcast, but cheers for posting the link. Talk to ye after anyway.

The hottest feud in Wrestling:
    On the latest edition of Ric Flair's podcast "Woo Nation", Flair discussed that Roddy Piper had been dropped from his WWE Legends deal as a result of Piper's public issues with Steve Austin.

What did Piper do to piss off Austin??

Read the last few posts.

rovert wrote: »
    Read the last few posts.

What was said in the piper podcast about austin to get him upset? Cant listen to it in work.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

https://youtu.be/lkXgcf57f0k

Thats Piper talking about it and he plays the part about Austin that was taking down.

Roddy Piper is a prick but what a girly squabble.

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/619614748171112448

Strong week. Ric Flair was pissed as a fart on his podcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Piper had Will Sasso on who was impersonating Steve Austin.

Austin wasn't happy.

Piper asked Podcast One to let him go - Piper might be blaming Austin for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Piper is going to try and long this **** out, isn't he.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I find it extremely unlikely that Austin had anything to do with what's happened to piper, He has said he wasn't happy with it, but that was it, and now the fact that piper keeps dragging this along, promising to say this and that, makes me think its a way to get listeners for his next podcast.

Austin asking for the podcast to be pulled and Podcast One pulling probably gave Piper what he needed to get out of whatever deal he had with Podcast One.

These guys a wrestlers so there is no such thing as bad publicity they will work any story in to a story to suit their ratings and audience.

Also it beats hearing the same story every week as nearly every wrestling podcast has now had the same guests on telling the same stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Did Austin actually ask for the episode to be pulled though, or is that just Flair and Piper talking, if so, i know what tale i believe

• Advertisement

Did Austin actually ask for the episode to be pulled though, or is that just Flair and Piper talking, if so, i know what tale i believe
    Austin admitted that he didn't like the podcast, noting that it "had some business of a personal nature that I didn't care to have floating around there being downloaded in cyberspace, so I had it removed from rotation."

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0707/598038/steve-austin-responds-to-roddy-piper-claims/

Advertisement