Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Yeah thanks, i just listened to that part of Austin's podcast now, i'm not a fan of piper so i hadn't listened to his show but if the stuff that was said, was a bit personal, then i don't see a problem in Austin saying something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Can't believe Piper and Austin is still being talked about, who cares anymore?

With everything going on about that bástard Piper at the moment, I decided to download his two part interview with Jim Cornette as well as one he did with Vince Russo from a few months back. Piper is a snake who tries to start an argument about how Ed Ferrera greeted Roddy and that Russo didn't, saying how disrespectful it was for someone of his caliber etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I think Roddy Piper gets a pass, well he does from me anyway. He's a legend, and just because Steve Austin was a bigger draw, it doesn't diminish that. If I were Roddy Piper I'd try and fire as much fuel onto it as possible, seeing as how he doesn't do much with WWE lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I think the best way to view Piper these days is as a struggling old pro who can't seem to get to grips with the fact that he's largely irrelevant to the current scene and doesn't have the ability to make himself so. He's a troubled dude. But as long as he's allowed to his own devices and nobody takes him seriously like a drunken, raving lunatic in the corner of a pub, he's harmless.

It's more sad that this is what he's become than anything else, especially when you look at how the likes of DDP are managing their retirement with dignity and kicking arse in other areas. Piper is the guy clinging to old grudges and starting new ones just so he feels he's still part of the conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

I like Piper, he's a bit mad but tbf he seems to have his stuff together and his priorities right with his kids and that

I always get the impression that he doesn't take much of this stuff too seriously most times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Piper is a carny. Afaik one of the few guys who still refuses to speak to or acknowledge Dave Meltzer. Beause he "exposed and destroyed the business" you see.

Well I don't understand that logic. When I went to see him in Cyprus Avenue I seem to remember him joking about the notion of him doing one of these shows, and "exposing the business."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Would anyone know what became of Goldberg's podcast? Had a 'I wonder what happened to that?' moment and it turns out it's not been updated in over a month.

• Advertisement

I don't like Alice Radley on the Jim Cornette Experience

Mod edit: try and refrain from using such terminology. Post has been edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

I remember Jim Cornette introducing her as the "beautiful Alice Radley", so I Googled her name and I am disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Ric Flairs podcast is the best thing going currently

Is anyone listening to the Sheet Sandwich podcast? It's a bizarre site that covers how the "dirtsheets" cover wrestling. Kind of a parody gimmick thing. Their latest podcast covers some of the money business end of stuff.
    http://www.sheetsandwich.com/talking-sheet/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Does anyone know if Flair is catching any heat for talking so openly about how so many guys are doing? He's quite openly talking about how guys are in nursing homes and wheelchairs and all sorts.

His podcast is genuinely great by the way, sounds like he really loves having an excuse to catch up with all these guys and they're all happy to be hearing from him too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/627236428359950336

Loved the Mark Henry interview they are always interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

rovert wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/627236428359950336

Loved the Mark Henry interview they are always interesting.

Yea was a great interview perhaps one of talk is Jerichos best.

Anyone know about who may of shat in the rocks food ? Henry made that locker room sound like prison at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I am probably only one who thought Stone Cold was not that interested talking with Paige. I thought Talk is Jericho podcast she did a few months ago was alot better, but got to hear a 1 or 2 new stories with this one.

http://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=593&pid=527589#.VcG2MqFE3EU.twitter
    Y2J shares his memories of Rowdy Roddy Piper! And then prepare to laugh as Kofi Kingston, Big E, and Xavier Woods aka New Day hold nothing back about their gospel gimmick, their friendship, the clap & chant, bad Jamaican accents, edgey babyfaces, trick or treating in shopping malls, and favorite matches!

Really enjoyed this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

There’s just too many podcasts to listen too, where do you guys find the time.

I have been binging on Attitude era podcast on my car journeys since Friday, nothing crazy but a nice nostalgia trip. Have to catch up on Jerichos work in the last few months, have neglected him while I discovered VOW and Shake Them Ropes a month ago.

Didnt really enjoy Flairs podcast with jim Cornette. While I don’t hate Jim, I just couldn’t get into this one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Dunno if I have mentioned it before but I love the PWO-PTBN podcast network. Some great pods on there and a wide variety for all types of fan

https://soundcloud.com/jerryvonkramer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Realpaul

The Exile on Badstreet podcast they do is by a good margin my favorite non-wrestler podcast and I'm a big fan of them doing more shows on the greatness of Memphis wrestling.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    There’s just too many podcasts to listen too, where do you guys find the time.

I have been binging on Attitude era podcast on my car journeys since Friday, nothing crazy but a nice nostalgia trip. Have to catch up on Jerichos work in the last few months, have neglected him while I discovered VOW and Shake Them Ropes a month ago.

Didnt really enjoy Flairs podcast with jim Cornette. While I don’t hate Jim, I just couldn’t get into this one.

I don't listen to everything or even try. Just pick and choose what I fancy or what I come across that's new or if there's something highly recommended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Jericho is a great interviewer. Definitely my fav wrestler podcast at the moment. Mark Henry, New Day both really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Has Randy Orton ever been on TIJ or SCSA's podcast? I can't ever remember him on them but it's one I'd like to hear.

Has Randy Orton ever been on TIJ or SCSA's podcast? I can't ever remember him on them but it's one I'd like to hear.

He has the reputation of saying the wrong things on podcasts. Locker room aggro, drugs and diva sex lives. WWE seem to put him on a tight leash.

Really enjoyed Sasha's interview with Jericho. She's the best spokesperson for the division.

What Paige's appearance on the Steve Austin Podcast should have been.

http://podcastone.com/Talk-Is-Jericho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I'm listening now and was just about to post something similar. She's a great speaker, intelligent with lots of personality. Didn't realise she had a background in wrestling and is a huge fan. Female wrestlers aka the diva revolution.

Paige is a bit of a headwrecker. No personality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Just listened to this. I was a big fan of Sasha beforehand anyway but she comes across so well. Just seems like a great girl who's living her dream. Hard to believe she's only 23.

Advertisement