Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Still think Wooonation is the best podcast at the moment no long ads straight into the interview and always a fun show

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The LAW now has there own YouTube channel separate from the Fight Network now I'd guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 G Spark

Latest episode of Bah Gawd Almighty! (Should be up in audio format on iTunes, Stitcher etc later on today)

Jim Crockett's last hurrah!! Featuring Dusty Rhodes with his face in Barry Windham's crotch for an eternity and the infamous Tower of Doom! Graham, Dave & Diarmuid are back with some lovely cans for NWA Great American Bash 1988.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Really liking Cornette's show now. I wasn't familiar with his new co-host but they make a great team.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Really liking Cornette's show now. I wasn't familiar with his new co-host but they make a great team.

It would be better if they got the star marker involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Xavier woods and Cody Rhodes talking about there high school rivalry on Jerichos podcast was hilarious

I loved the edge and Christian Jericho podcast. It's clear they are true friends and they really have a good grasp of the wrestling history and business

I really liked the podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Listened to Aj on talk is jericho earlier. It really is excellent no filler. AJ seems like he really is happy to be in wwe now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Does anyone here listen to The Steve Corino Show? Not sure if it's still coming out every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

I've been really enjoying Between the Sheets lately (especially any time they cover either how Keller and Meltzer talked about Cornette or Meltzer's outright hatred of Dusty) but two things about the place to be group really annoy me

1. That block of ads in the middle, Christ, don't put the same 3 minute block in the middle of every episode!
    2. "The only place to be in your pop culture world" Lads, you're a collection of wrestling podcasts, don't get too ahead of yourselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It would be better if they got the star marker involved.

I like Kenny Bolin but he's better in small doses I think. Once a month is a good format, I think it would get tired otherwise.

Last weeks episode with Bolin was gold. Brian Last can hold his own which is a great combo imo. His laugh is also infectious.

I like Kenny Bolin but he's better in small doses I think. Once a month is a good format, I think it would get tired otherwise.

Last weeks episode with Bolin was gold. Brian Last can hold his own which is a great combo imo. His laugh is also infectious.

I loved Brian last being deadpan as **** towards Kenny. It's just brilliant stuff.

Listening to a reaction show for Battleground 2014 here. Does anyone know Dylan Hales well?

Does anyone here listen to The Steve Corino Show? Not sure if it's still coming out every week.
    I listened to one of his free shows on MLW that he did while driving on the road and thought it was good he had some interesting and philosophical things to say i might pay for the VIP section at some stage not sure yet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I thought Brian was a deer in the headlights with Kenny. He seemed to be constantly struggling to hit back with anything as good so just tried to talk over and dismiss Kenny. Him claiming you can't rate podcasts was embarrassing. It's called downloads.

Other than that, I think he has been very good and I've even started listening to his own podcast that he plugs about 638 times per episode.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I thought Brian was a deer in the headlights with Kenny. He seemed to be constantly struggling to hit back with anything as good so just tried to talk over and dismiss Kenny. Him claiming you can't rate podcasts was embarrassing. It's called downloads.

Other than that, I think he has been very good and I've even started listening to his own podcast that he plugs about 638 times per episode.

I wouldn't say deer in the headlights but kenny is the starmaker.

Yeah brian's podcast is good but at times they talk about random obscure stuff that unless you watched it it will go right over your head.

Also some of those people they talk about sound certifiable and not in a wrestling way.

I listened to one of his free shows on MLW that he did while driving on the road and thought it was good he had some interesting and philosophical things to say i might pay for the VIP section at some stage not sure yet
    Yeah I've been listening to his shows from a couple of years ago and it has been really cool to hear someone in wrestling outside of WWE speak more or less positively and optimistic about that company. I find a lot of the time people who aren't with the WWE can be hyper-critical of the shows, grinding an axe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Listening to a reaction show for Battleground 2014 here. Does anyone know Dylan Hales well?

I do yeah. Been following him on Twitter back when he only had a few hundred followers. He appears on Voices of Wrestling, Shake them Ropes, Talking Sheet and others in addition to his own Wrestling Culture podcast. Great guy to listen to, very passionate about wrestling.

Jerichos latest guest is the ref Charles Robinson. They address the Neville match and the ending. Good podcast so far anyway. He seems like a genuine guy.

AOW with Johnny Devine -Can't believe Colt Cabana never heard the phrase 'Bobs your Uncle' before -Virgil is on this weeks AOW

• Advertisement

Ageyev wrote: »
    I do yeah. Been following him on Twitter back when he only had a few hundred followers. He appears on Voices of Wrestling, Shake them Ropes, Talking Sheet and others in addition to his own Wrestling Culture podcast. Great guy to listen to, very passionate about wrestling.
    The stuff I've been listening to him on he's over the top with negativity towards WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

The stuff I've been listening to him on he's over the top with negativity towards WWE.

I disagree. Dylan isnt overly negative to WWE. He expects a certain standard from WWE and rightly so. You should follow Dylan on Twitter and he is a must listen on any podcasts he does. One of the best, most knowledgeable wrestling critics* around

*critic isnt exactly what I mean but its early and its the only word that will come to me.

Attitude Era podcast closed out their series with their last review - WrestleMania X-Seven (well, at least they claim on it that it's their last.)

New Generation Era project podcast recently reviewed WrestleMania 13 which is most definitely the final show of the New Generation Era.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

LeeJM wrote: »
    I disagree. Dylan isnt overly negative to WWE. He expects a certain standard from WWE and rightly so. You should follow Dylan on Twitter and he is a must listen on any podcasts he does. One of the best, most knowledgeable wrestling critics* around

*critic isnt exactly what I mean but its early and its the only word that will come to me.

I second that. Dylan is a great man when it comes to his pro graps podcast work, id say hes critical and rightly so, rather than negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I second that. Dylan is a great man when it comes to his pro graps podcast work, id say hes critical and rightly so, rather than negative.

follow him on twitter seems like a good day who loves his wrestling havent a podcast yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Bret Hart's review of Wrestlemania on Wrestlezone is something else "The bookers should be lined up and shot"

Critic is exactly what he comes across as to me. I was following him at one stage.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Bret Hart's review of Wrestlemania on Wrestlezone is something else "The bookers should be lined up and shot"

Listened for a few minutes up until this comment. Bit of q sh*tshow. Bret's sons feature...

Dylan Hales might be working the best pro-wres fan gimmick of all time with his "the booking of Roman Reigns is a political hit" schtick. Him, his brother and his da were on Talking Sheet recently with a live Wrestlemania report. Good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Havnt got into Talking Sheet yet. Tried it twice but wasnt paying full attention. I must try again, its championed by tonnes of ppl whos opinion I would value. Between the Sheets continues to be the best podcast around though. I highly recommend everyone listen to at least one ep of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Havnt got into Talking Sheet yet. Tried it twice but wasnt paying full attention. I must try again, its championed by tonnes of ppl whos opinion I would value. Between the Sheets continues to be the best podcast around though. I highly recommend everyone listen to at least one ep of it.

Ah I enjoy both TS and BTS, two different podcasts to be fair. BTS is a great nostalgia trip with some really experienced and knowledgeable hosts. Huge fan and its a great listen down memory lane even if its long at times.

TS is fun for different reasons. Les moore, while admittedly a huge fan of dave meltzer, is very critical of him and that alone is fasinating. He reports on how wrestling news is reported and its very tongue in cheek.

Advertisement