Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Poor baby, maybe shouldn't have been a horrible cheating tramp then?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,789 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Thats not really fair. I mean edge was there aswell yet he gets a pass but he was as much to blame as lita was.

Oh he's just as bad too. He was married at the time wasn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Slut shaming isn't okay. It's 2017.

Ok sorry, it was all Matt's fault. He made her do it.

• Advertisement

No matt didn't make her do FFS. But do you think lita did anything worse than what the WWF locker room had done at that point with other wrestlers ? No she hadn't. And fast forward all this time after and edge and Matt are happily married and have kids and lita is the one who isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

briany wrote: »
    Cornette was never *in charge* of booking - that's nearly always been Vince McMahon - but he seemingly held the same spot that was usurped by Russo, which was the guy directly under McMahon, writing TV. It also says on Cornette's Wiki that he was involved behind the scenes booking angles and scouting talent and that Russo took over the writing in early '97. Russo mentioned on his first RF shoot that when he first joined the TV writing staff, it was alongside Cornette and Prichard.

As I already said, in the right circumstances, anyone can flourish. Damien Sandow may have been fairly over with Mizdow and the whole impersonation gimmick, but he fell pretty flat as Aron Rex in TNA. Taz in ECW, under Paul Heyman, was the human suplex machine, and his career since then has been mostly about freewheeling off the reputation gained there. There's a time, a place and a niche for most anything, especially in wrestling.

The Kayfabe Commentaries WWF Timeline 1997 has Cornette with the actual book/ledger he used to book matches with.

September 1997 was when Vince told Bret that he couldn't afford his contract. This position changed at some point after they increased the price of the In Your House PPVs and then they later paid Mike Tyson a few million...

I could be wrong but Wrestlemania 13 was one of the lowest grossing Manias like if not the[/ lowest.

oneilla wrote: »
    The Kayfabe Commentaries WWF Timeline 1987 has Cornette with the actual book/ledger he used to book matches with.

September 1997 was when Vince told Bret that he couldn't afford his contract. This position changed at some point after they increased the price of the In Your House PPVs and then they later paid Mike Tyson a few million...

I could be wrong but Wrestlemania 13 was one of the lowest grossing Manias like if not the[/ lowest.

In 1987 Jim was in JCP so he didnt have those black ledgers and wasn't on the booking committee in WCW until mid 1989.

In 1997 WWF he had a ledger but so did the others on the "creative team" which included Bruce Prichard, pat Patterson, Jim cornette, Jim Ross, and Vince Russo and Vince McMahon being the final say. Jim kept notes of stuff that happened as it was a thing Jim seemed to have always done going back through the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    In 1987 Jim was in JCP so he didnt have those black ledgers and wasn't on the booking committee in WCW until mid 1989.

In 1997 WWF he had a ledger but so did the others on the "creative team" which included Bruce Prichard, pat Patterson, Jim cornette, Jim Ross, and Vince Russo and Vince McMahon being the final say. Jim kept notes of stuff that happened as it was a thing Jim seemed to have always done going back through the years.

Sorry, typo on the Timeline video, edited it now.

So here's how the world works today: you have no right whatsoever to judge anyone, man or woman, for what they do in their private lives and especially in bed. If wrestling taught you that it was okay to shout "slut" at someone who was playing a character on a TV show, that's something you're gonna need to unlearn or else you risk looking shamefully out of touch with modern society and all the advancements we've made.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

leggo wrote: »
    So here's how the world works today
    you have no right whatsoever
    all the advancements we've made.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ. I'd swear tolerance was just an excuse to lecture other people.

Yeah...you're going to get lectured when you use the phrase 'horrible tramp' just because someone did something with their body you don't agree with...what's the problem exactly I'm not sure I follow your point?

I wasn't the one who referred to her as a 'slut'. Also it wasn't their private life in any shape or form, they used it unashamedly as a storyline so get over your white knighting television characters. She doesn't know you and you don't know her.

If the same thing happens to you one day, I promise you'll feel differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭Monokne

Don't think there's anything wrong with finding Lita's behaviour (or Edge's, for that matter) disappointing, but using terms like 'tramp' or 'slut' to refer to a woman, whether she's cheated or not, is something that should be consigned to the past.

I doubt anyone would have called Edge a manwhore or something similar.

I'm sure she's been called worse than that. Anyway, moving on...

I wasn't the one who referred to her as a 'slut'. Also it wasn't their private life in any shape or form, they used it unashamedly as a storyline so get over your white knighting television characters. She doesn't know you and you don't know her.

If the same thing happens to you one day, I promise you'll feel differently.

It doesn't matter if I know them (neither do you!), it doesn't matter if you think I'm being a 'white knight' (which is just a term people who say stupid things use to try deflect from what they said, like 'PC brigade'), it doesn't matter that WWE chose to use it as a storyline because Matt made it a matter of public record through his blog (which was really unprofessional and he deserved to be fired for it - and I like Matt - but Lita and Edge were literally the last people to make their relationship public behind Matt and WWE), and it doesn't matter if she's been called worse, it's jarring and offensive to hear someone reduced with slurs in 2017 because of their private sexual behaviour and you're gonna get called out on it these days if you do so.

Mod Note: Great, you've both said your piece. MOVE ON. No further warnings.

I was listening to the Bryan & Vinny show earlier in the week and there was an Irish guy Noel as a guest on it. Anyone know if he's a boardsie? He said he was from Galway living in London IIRC. April 16th show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Been listening to Something to Wrestle With, Bruce Pritchard's effort recently. Started with the Owen Hart show. It's not too bad so far, but i'm not sure i like the co-host, Conrad

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭briany

Seems like Method Man is a huge wrestling fan. Here he is on TiJ talking about his love of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Been listening to Something to Wrestle With, Bruce Pritchard's effort recently. Started with the Owen Hart show. It's not too bad so far, but i'm not sure i like the co-host, Conrad

I went off it pretty fast but Prichard without a dude like Conrad would be nothing but an exhausting bull****ter, he's actually quite affable when he's on the backfoot though.

Post-mania definitely sounds like Conrad has gotten a bit of an ego boost that doesn't suit him that well though.

Seems like Method Man is a huge wrestling fan

Super Old school fan by the sounds of it! Fast forward to 43s
    *Warning: You will hear Limp Bizkit* :pac::pac:

They call me big John stud
    My middle name mud [...]
    Killa bees in the club when there's ladybug
    Brought a sword to tha dance floor to cut a rug

Did he talk about doing that song for The Rock at all?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Did he talk about doing that song for The Rock at all?

He mentioned it briefly, while in the same breath mentioning that had also produced a track for Kane, which the WWE never used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Cant beat something to wrestle with. Bruce and conrad are a great laugh and have good banter. Love him impression of vinnie mac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Wu Tang Clan have a whole bunch of wrestling references scattered around their discography, mostly Method Man but RZA and GZA definitely have ones too (Wahoo McDaniel and Ken Patera). Ric Flair pops up all over the place with southern rappers too to the point that a few of them having given interviews on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Didnt Method Man do the rocks theme on the agression album too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Kane is going to be on E&C show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭Monokne

Shane O Mac on todays Steve Austin show. He usually gets a good interview out of people so that should be an interesting listen.

Monokne wrote: »
    Shane O Mac on todays Steve Austin show. He usually gets a good interview out of people so that should be an interesting listen.

Interestingly, Shane mentions that he was pretty well-acquainted with the party scene by the time he got to college just through his years of hanging out with all the wrestlers and working on the ring crew. To the point, in fact, that it was pretty passé and tame to him what his university peers were doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Interestingly, Shane mentions that he was pretty well-acquainted with the party scene by the time he got to college just through his years of hanging out with all the wrestlers and working on the ring crew. To the point, in fact, that it was pretty passé and tame to him what his university peers were doing.

Does he mention being friends with Johnny Polo / Raven at the time?

Advertisement