Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Baron Corbin on Talk Is Jericho, he comes across as a cool guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

leggo wrote: »
    I'm not hating on him, I'm a listener! :pac:

It's just that when they ask me to give them a few hours a week, I'm gonna have stuff to say just like people have stuff to say about 3 hours of Raw! They're not 'the little guy' doing this out of the goodness of their hearts, they're cleaning up from this (quite blatantly) so more than open for criticism when necessary.

Ah im only messing. I do agree the voices get a bit overbearing and they seemed to have toned it down a good bit the past few weeks.

How long do people reckon the shelf life of this podcast can last ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

In theory, forever. It's an easy format to replicate week-to-week and there's never a fear of them running out of topics considering there are three that don't make the cut each week. That's four years of topics right off the bat before they think of more.

In practise when the money runs short :pac:. I've spoken about this before but I don't see this being a long term venture for them. With the live shows etc, they're going at it full throttle as a cash grab and they tend to dry up once the cash gets low. But I can see Conrad being a player in wrestling podcasting for a long time now with two hits under his belt (going on three). He may end up even getting hired by the E someday. I'll question his content but the dude is going about things a really smart way.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

I'd like to see that format with Jim Cornette.

Although his cohost Brian Last is very good and a billions times superior to that woman Alice what's her name he used to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,789 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The second part of bayleys appearance on stone colds podcast is very good. They break down her match with Sasha at takeover Brooklyn. It must have been amazing to one of the greatest ever compliment you on a match of yours while watching it with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

People are idiots

"Sooooo...you just plan on never having sex again then, yeah?"

Jj Dillon has a new podcast, it's quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Full Marx wrote: »
    Jj Dillon has a new podcast, it's quite good

Whats it like?

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Whats it like?

Bit like something to wrestle, there's a poll and then it's JJ talking about the topic. He's worked behind the scenes everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭Monokne

He takes forever to make a point. Very rambling. Hard listen. I love JJ so will keep trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

"Sooooo...you just plan on never having sex again then, yeah?"

Again?

Monokne wrote: »
    He takes forever to make a point. Very rambling. Hard listen. I love JJ so will keep trying.

I listened to first show and liked, it was a good start imo. Looking forward to listening to the Jim Barnett one

I know it's not mentioned a lot but the edge and Christian podcast is actually very good. The whole goofy image they had in WWE as a tag team is there but when the two of them(and especially Christian which surprised me) get deep in how they see the business and little things like that, you can see they both have a very good wrestling knowledge.

The latest one about tag team wrestling is excellent. They bring little things that I'd say many here wouldn't even think about.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I know it's not mentioned a lot but the edge and Christian podcast is actually very good. The whole goofy image they had in WWE as a tag team is there but when the two of them(and especially Christian which surprised me) get deep in how they see the business and little things like that, you can see they both have a very good wrestling knowledge.

The latest one about tag team wrestling is excellent. They bring little things that I'd say many here wouldn't even think about.

My favourite podcast at the minute such an easy enjoyable listen

I do enjoy the E&C podcast when I get to listen to it, but pure saturation and more essential podcasts often get in the way. The problems, for me, is that they're often over two hours long, are delivered the same day as Something To Wrestle With (so it's a straight choice between the two if I've got time to get a podcast in on a Sunday because not a chance will I have 5-6 hours for both) and the guests they get are usually people who've done the rounds on other podcasts and are usually calling in so it's not as good of an interview. But when they get people like Pete Gas or Shane McMahon who aren't heard from as much and have a genuine rapport with them, it's as good as any out there.

I do enjoy the E&C podcast when I get to listen to it, but pure saturation and more essential podcasts often get in the way. The problems, for me, is that they're often over two hours long, are delivered the same day as Something To Wrestle With (so it's a straight choice between the two if I've got time to get a podcast in on a Sunday because not a chance will I have 5-6 hours for both) and the guests they get are usually people who've done the rounds on other podcasts and are usually calling in so it's not as good of an interview. But when they get people like Pete Gas or Shane McMahon who aren't heard from as much and have a genuine rapport with them, it's as good as any out there.
    I mean without Shane McMahon coming on we wouldn't know anything about the mock mock mania and that E&C and shano are the founders of what sounds like a brilliant if mad game.

It's gone ahead of something to wrestle with lately for me. The mock mock mania sounds gas if they caught it on video

This.

If you're a relatively voracious podcaster, it's just too long. Not unlike JJ Dillon's show, the guys are interesting but the shows lack focus. STWW isn't perfect and there are weeks where the show feels quite mundane, but it almost always stays on the tracks. The tangents these guys go on can be pretty uninspired and I usually find myself switching off for something more focused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

What is the story with Flair's podcast? Did he want more money and they dropped him? I really enjoyed it.

What is the story with Flair's podcast? Did he want more money and they dropped him? I really enjoyed it.

He just didn't have the passion or discipline for it and dropped it. He quit the show with Conrad, then MLW convinced him to give it another go, this time with Robert Flores of ESPN as host doing a show somewhat more sports orientated and not strictly wrestling (Ric is a sports nut). That was to start in mid February. However he delayed it and then eventually ixnayed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Monokne wrote: »
    He just didn't have the passion or discipline for it and dropped it. He quit the show with Conrad, then MLW convinced him to give it another go, this time with Robert Flores of ESPN as host doing a show somewhat more sports orientated and not strictly wrestling (Ric is a sports nut). That was to start in mid February. However he delayed it and then eventually ixnayed it.

Pity. I used love how he used do most of the talking even though he had guests to interview, I know some people hated that but I found his stories hilarious.

I loved it. Such a trainwreck. Giddy Ric telling stories of his drunken past.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,522 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Brother Love's podcast is becoming very very boring now after a year the novelty has totally worn off for me.

Prichard just doesn't want to hurt any chance no matter how small it is of getting a WWE gig again or more likely a HoF spot.

Id agree the last few months have been ok but it's just been moved down my podcast list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭whiskeygirl

Latest one where Prichard literally downplays everything Heyman ever done was quite disappointing. Even the PS Hayes impressions couldn't save it for me. Wish Conrad would stop using the phrase "chat me up" so often as well, really gets on my tits for some reason.

Yeah I tweeted about it earlier, shocked because with references he's made to him in the past I thought they were actually mates, but it seems like Bruce has an axe to grind with Heyman. He went out of his way to stir ****, especially with talking about how Heyman buried his ECW guys to WWE, that's the kinda thing that leads to confrontations. It could be a jealousy thing in that Bruce never liked how much credit Heyman got for being a creative genius, or something more serious, maybe Heyman is more of a snake than people let on and Bruce just never liked that. It made for interesting listening though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭whiskeygirl

I'd say Heyman is schnakey enough in fairness, but Prichard gave him so little credit for anything. It just left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Advertisement

Agreed re this week's Heyman show. There were vague references to his developing talent and his good ideas but zero discussion of anything specific positively, and lots of specific references to incidents of Heyman being manipulative or dishonest.

Advertisement