Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Apologies, he was convicted of "DOMESTIC VIOLENCE THIRD DEGREE--SIMPLE ASSAULT-FAMILY" and spent the day in jail, not prison. So he hasn't served...hard time

bossman.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Still, Domestic Abuse arrest, so he can f*ck off.

Far too common in the wrestling industry unfortunately, but again, no buys from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I've gone all in on What Happen When with Tony Schivaone. I laugh so much at it. I never got into something to wrestle with.

Been also into The Power Slam report with Finn Martin Via Inside the ropes. After reading power slam it's great to hear Finn. I used to listen to his podcast via Wrestle talk with Alex Shane but then went up a pay wall, don't know if his doing both or moved to inside the ropes.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,588 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This weeks Something to Wrestle is a 4 hour one on Macho Man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Great to have bruce and conrad back and for such a long episode. Missed their banter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I've gone all in on What Happen When with Tony Schivaone. I laugh so much at it. I never got into something to wrestle with.

Been also into The Power Slam report with Finn Martin Via Inside the ropes. After reading power slam it's great to hear Finn. I used to listen to his podcast via Wrestle talk with Alex Shane but then went up a pay wall, don't know if his doing both or moved to inside the ropes.

Imagine paying money to hear Alex Shane.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,898 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This weeks edge and Christian podcast is so funny. It's Beth Phoenix, edge and Christian and it's obvious the three are close.(yes I know Beth and edge are married) It makes the conversation so much more easy to listen to.

Also Gregory helms aka the hurricane is one funny ****er. I don't know what it is but he's brilliant and has a great wrestling mind along with Christian. wwe would do worse than have Christian behind the scenes at the PC. His wrestling mind is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Apparently Booker T runs down his time in TNA on his podcast. Could be interesting. It's an old episode I think so may take some hunting to find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Brooklyn Brawler's appearance with JR this week is quite sad. He's a man living in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

sirmanga wrote: »
    Brooklyn Brawler's appearance with JR this week is quite sad. He's a man living in the past.

Don't listen to JR's show anymore, what was said? He's always seemed quite amiable in any interview I've heard with him.

• Advertisement

Just the way he talked about his matches with Rock, Bret, Shawn etc. Like they were of some significance. Also you get the impression that he dying on the inside from being fired by WWE. But on the outside he is all "life's never been better. I make more money now than I ever have. My life is great."
    If Vince called him to be his driver in the morning, he'd do it.
    In previous interviews he is a big name dropper too. He said that Trump liked him because they were both street smart New Yorkers, stuff like that.
    At the end of the day, the guy was a jobber.

Ah, I get you, that's sad to hear. A lot of ex-WWE guys I'd have met were similar, going on about SmackDown matches you don't even remember when prompted like they were WrestleMania main events. You got the strong sense their life had peaked and, while that's okay when you're listening to a dude in their 70's telling war stories, it's really depressing when it's coming from someone in their 40's/50's who could in theory find something new but are lost. And those are the ones who 'made it' to begin with! It's quite a depressing industry at times. I'll definitely be giving that one a miss, cheers!

So the rumour of Macho Man sleeping with young Steph has moved on to Macho getting her pregnant and Linda McMahon finding out and helping Steph deal with it behind Vince's back and Vince only finding out about this later.

This is one of the times I do believe what Brother Love is saying when he calls bull**** on it.

There is some fcuked rumormangers out there.

An enjoyable episode as a whole and when Conrad isn't being a sleazebag he is a decent host.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Having checked out 3 episodes of What Happened When over the weekend I have come to the conclusion that it and Pritchards show would be a whole lot more bearable with somebody other than Conrad as host. I hate the constant shilling but could live with it if Conrad wasnt so over bearing throughout every show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

So the rumour of Macho Man sleeping with young Steph has moved on to Macho getting her pregnant and Linda McMahon finding out and helping Steph deal with it behind Vince's back and Vince only finding out about this later.

This is one of the times I do believe what Brother Love is saying when he calls bull**** on it.

An enjoyable episode as a whole and when Conrad isn't being a sleazebag he is a decent host.

I honestly couldn't get through it. Was there really a need for a macho man impression every 30 seconds? It wasn't funny the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

I think it may have been Randy himself who started the rumour. I had trouble getting this video to play but came across it years ago - I believe it may have been one of a number of videos he had on his website years ago. Idk if this is where the rumour originates but he says he is going to steal Stephanie, tqke her for a ride around the block and might not give her back. At the end he tells Stephanie to "get ready for the kid". It's obvious in it that he's working a shoot and plugging his website.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld3_FLq4kH0

All bonkers stuff really, wherever it started.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I'll never believe that rumour honestly think Vince would have done something crazy to macho if it was true

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Vince would of have killed Macho if that was true.

I just finished the Randy Savage podcast on my commute this morn and really enjoy the podcasts with Bruce Pritchard and Schiavone, Conrad can be a bit overbearing but I enjoy the podcasts personally. As for the impressions, they are a bit overkill but i enjoy them esp Johnny Ace and Jerry Jarret.

Overall both podcasts are pretty entertaining and on point for my tastes. Pretty shocked to learn about Conrad's criminal past, there goes my impression that he's just a Southern good'ole boy.

Glad i found this thread by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 39,898 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky88 wrote: »
    I'll never believe that rumour honestly think Vince would have done something crazy to macho if it was true

I've never believed it either. If it was true then there is no way Vince gives randy the farewell on raw after he left. Also Vince would have had every law firm in Stanford Connecticut after randy and he wouldn't have made it to WCW.

It's not that I believe it, but I've also learned not to write off these crazy sounding stories. I remember reading a Geocites article (would love if someone found it) of mental wrestling rumours and so many of them have turned out to be true as shoot interviews and podcasts became more prevalent. Like the Jimmy Snuka/Nancy Argentino story used to get thrown around alongside the Randy Savage rumour and turns out it was all true. This one just keeps popping up!

• Advertisement

The rumour is that Vince didn't find out until a long time after, in 1996. The Randy/Stephanie romance is said to have happened in 1994.
    By the way, Stephanie was 17 then, so if the story is true it doesn't make Macho Man a paedophile.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

But if it was true why would he have been put in the HOF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

We are never gonna get a clear-cut answer and the question has been asked soo many times to individuals who were apart of the company in 1994.

Whether the Stephanie loves Macho Madness story is true or not, there was definitely some unspoken, hidden issue between Randy Savage and Vince McMahon. Vince cut Savage out of the company until the day Savage died. Yet Vince was able to make peace with Sammartino, Bret, Warrior etc.
    Something happened. Savage was one of the biggest stars ever, but he was ignored and blacklisted as if he were Nailz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

leggo wrote: »
    It's not that I believe it, but I've also learned not to write off these crazy sounding stories. I remember reading a Geocites article (would love if someone found it) of mental wrestling rumours and so many of them have turned out to be true as shoot interviews and podcasts became more prevalent. Like the Jimmy Snuka/Nancy Argentino story used to get thrown around alongside the Randy Savage rumour and turns out it was all true. This one just keeps popping up!

I assume you mean this? http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/kotdm15/listsleeze.html

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

leggo wrote: »

Was that the list where it said Kerry Von Erich killed a cat in a locker room by giving it the Iron Claw?

oneilla wrote: »

YES! Nice one! Have that saved for a fun re-read later.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

My word, the amount of stuff here that Ive heard confirmed or close to it on podcasts makes you wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

oneilla wrote:
    I assume you mean this?

51 was proven to be true in a round about way.

• Advertisement

This needs a thread of it's own :)

92 :pac::pac:

Advertisement