Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Austin vs The Fly.

Easily the most surreal podcast I've listened to.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

EP 2 of Stone Colds podcast is up with guest HBK

http://www.podcastone.com/program?action=viewProgram&programID=436

Haven't listened to it myself yet.

Christ Shawn is annoying to listen to in that

"y'know, back in those days, y'know, well y'know, y'know?"

arrghhh!

krudler wrote: »
    Christ Shawn is annoying to listen to in that

"y'know, back in those days, y'know, well y'know, y'know?"

arrghhh!

Yeah himself and Scott Steiner definitely set records for the most "You knows" in sentences without actually saying anything!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

ShaneU wrote: »
    Austin vs The Fly.

Easily the most surreal podcast I've listened to.

Found it really hard to contain myself listening to this during work. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Austin vs Mr.Fly at the Rosemont Horizon,fantastic podcast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've just listened to the lastest Steve Austin podcast on the fly. That was brilliant but also a bit twilight zone.

I know Colt Cabana has wanted to do this show for forever and ever but fairly obviously they largely wrestle across Oceans from each other:
    AOW 145: Prince Devitt
    Japans homegrown hero is an Irishman. Coming up through the New Japan dojo, Prince Devitt is a bonafide bigwig in Japanese wrestling. Real name Fergal, he and Colt met in France almost a decade ago. Hear how you can go from an Irishman to a Japanese icon.

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/podpress_trac/web/436/0/show145.mp3

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Listened to it just there. It was very good. Devitt again came across as a fairly sound ol chap.

My favourite bit was when he said he got Sky and saw WWF for the first time on Saturday mornings

Colt: Was it first time for you seeing Shawn being spelt S-E-A-N

Devitt: That's the real spelling, its how we spell it in Ireland.

Colt: Oh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

For anybody with a sub to the observer who hasn't seen Meltzer and Sempervive did a 3+ hour show today which was brilliant,they covered the New Japan show and Meltzer answered a million questions this show is worth the money alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

What interesting things did you learn from it? :)

• Advertisement

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    For anybody with a sub to the observer who hasn't seen Meltzer and Sempervive did a 3+ hour show today which was brilliant,they covered the New Japan show and Meltzer answered a million questions this show is worth the money alone.

Yeah it was excellent. His first hand account of the famous Jumbo-Misawa match and the Andre The Giant story being the highlights.

Dave's ability to rattle off facts, figures, dates, anecdotes and historical perspective is legitimately unmatched by anyone. Not to mention his enthusiasm and likeability in doing so.

Steve Austin will be interviewing Terry Funk on his podcast tomorrow. He also noted on his twitter that future guests will be Kevin Nash, Jim Ross and Bret Hart.

Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe24

Been listening to Steve Austin's podcasts and they are great. Up as far as the one with the fly - talk about random, but it was funny as a m*th€r f**ker (as he would say himself). Highly recommend them if you're looking for a laugh.

The HBK podcast was fun. The amount of y'knows was kind of funny.

Himself, Nash, Steiner and X Pac ALWAYS started their promos with Y'know.

Im sure there are a good few others as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Has something happened Revoew-a-Wai, and indeed the LAW podcasts, on iTunes? My iTunes is only showing up to last week's Review a Raw, and nothing else.

Has something happened Revoew-a-Wai, and indeed the LAW podcasts, on iTunes? My iTunes is only showing up to last week's Review a Raw, and nothing else.

Worked for me.

What podcast software are you using? Downcast or iTunes?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

iTunes. Tried both on my computer AND on my iPod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

iTunes. Tried both on my computer AND on my iPod.

Same with mine first thing on the list is last weeks Review a Raw(May 7th). Think Jayk is on the LAW message boards you could ask him to ask them about it maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Austin vs Mr.Fly at the Rosemont Horizon,fantastic podcast!

Just listened to it today thought it was fúcking surreal gold. Loved that The Fly
    won the match
    and him buzzing in during his entrance had me in stitches don`t know why guess its the little things. Mr.Fly cuts better promos that 90% of the roster who writes his shít.

Austin/Funk podcast was absolute quality I thought.

AOW with Mickie James was decent too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Loving the Austin podcast, listened to the first three in the gym today and kept getting strange looks for bursting out laughing. Enjoyed his chat with HBK in particular. There seems to be genuine warmth between the two these days which is good to see.

I couldn't really see how listening to Austin talk for 30+ mins could be entertaining before I listened but he's a real treat and legit hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Anyone care to recommend me the best of the AOW podcasts? Listened to the Regal one and enjoyed it and have Devitt's ready to go too. He's a bit annoying with the way he talks about himself quite so much.

Anyone care to recommend me the best of the AOW podcasts? Listened to the Regal one and enjoyed it and have Devitt's ready to go too. He's a bit annoying with the way he talks about himself quite so much.

The Cliff Compton ones are hilarious.

Been lots of class AOW's,few of my favourites are:

The 2 Cliff Compton/Domino episodes
    MVP
    Claudio Castagnoli/Cesaro
    Bryan Danielson
    Petey Williams
    Nigel McGuinness
    PAC
    Ziggler
    Justin Roberts
    Curt Hawkins
    Kevin Steen

I usually just skip to around the 9 minute or so mark when Cabana's finished shilling himself!

Tracey Smothers
    Tomasso Ciampa
    Jake The Snake

Avoid Kenny Omega. Fell asleep listening to that one. Though he does come across as a genuine good fella. Briscoes is also awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Only found out recently that all the cool internet guys hate Colt. Kinda surprised me.

Only found out recently that all the cool internet guys hate Colt. Kinda surprised me.

Contradiction in terms surely?

Who are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Everyone's a cool heel on the internet. Even me, i'm fixing to turn heel on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Did somebody say heel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Enjoyed Terry Funk on Austin's podcast.

Advertisement