Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sony ericsson won't turn on!!!

Options
  • 24-04-2011 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey guys
    My xperia 8 won't turn on it wen't dead last night. This morning when I was trying to charge it on my laptop all it keeps doing is flashing red ,when I press the button . Have it since xmas and this usually happens but eventually it turns on. Might be the charger I don't no??
    Help appreciated thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 music crazy

Best advice stay away from sony ericsson phones , I have had two or three of them and they all gave me trouble similar to your own situation which ended in them breaking. I have a samsung now and find it brilliant.Sorry I can't give you advice though on how to fix it , maybe its time for a new phone:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Try turning it on without the sim card in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 irelandfan

thanks for the help guys

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Check out your options with making a claim on the warranty.

As previously mentioned - stay away from Sony. My Previous Sony died completely for no godd reason. The Samsung I replaced it with is a gem and works brilliantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 johnfquinn

i have same problem,wont charge,im trying different things,like charging without sim in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Damokc

plug it in and leave it charge for a bit without trying to turn it on. its just so dead it hasnt the power to switch on. I have HAD one.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Damokc wrote: »
    plug it in and leave it charge for a bit without trying to turn it on. its just so dead it hasnt the power to switch on. I have HAD one.

This.

Also, if this doesnt work pop out the battery, stick it back in, then leave it plugged in for an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Years ago I swore off buying any more Sony or Phillips product. I just couldn't resist the K750i though, and succumbed.

One day I went for a long walk with it in my pocket, and when I got back it was dead for no apparent good reason, apart from it being made by Sony of course.

I have had two Samsungs since and they are both still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

I had a k610i which froze one day turned it off wouldnt turn on ever again red flashing light..

K770i gave similar problems after 2years aswell.

I now have a SE Xperia Ray seems better quality than older phones.

I also have a Samsung Galaxy Europa and its actually a bad phone turns off during the night sometimes doesnt turn on if i plug headphones into it it goes crazy much worse than any SE that i have had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

cnocbui wrote: »
    Years ago I swore off buying any more Sony or Phillips product. I just couldn't resist the K750i though, and succumbed.

One day I went for a long walk with it in my pocket, and when I got back it was dead for no apparent good reason, apart from it being made by Sony of course.

I have had two Samsungs since and they are both still going strong.

A bit o/t but the K800 has a bit of reputation for going on forever. Still see the odd one around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

My 750i still boots.........

Advertisement