Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lens Flare?

• 24-04-2011 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭

Just wondering what caused the marks (arrowed) in the image.
    I wasn't using any filter at the time.
    Is just simply lens flare? TIA

FCC715CB55954D219A84E2FE28BCA836-0000316072-0002286044-00567L-C1A22DF6554B497AA22DE91E49CA35DD.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Telchak

Aliens :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

The bluish blobs look like flare/refraction inside the lens.

Not sure what's causing those weird red arrows though.... ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

or those lines converging just above the centre of the frame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭DougL

Was it a long exposure? If so, it could have been something moving across the frame like an airplane. I have noticed flare from lights in night images I've taken, but I don't think the lights in your image are close enough or bright enough to cause flare...could be wrong though. If it bothers you, just clone it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

They are reflections of the bright light in the middle of the bridge pillar.
    Or UFO ;)

• Advertisement

When I was photographing that bridge I had the same issue;

p8312213.jpg

Pain in the ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭foamcutter

Thanks for the replies and the info. ( it must be the blue light that attracts outer terrestrial visitors to come in pairs ;-) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

If you look carefully at the two photos, you can see the "anomalies" are in the exact same place in relationship to the bridge. (but not the same in relationship to where the photo is shot.) The relationship of the anomalies to the bridge would appear to be related the cabling, but centered around the base of the main columns that support the bridge. (If you trace lines through the "tails" of the anomalies, it looks like they cross right around where the main column meets the bridge itself.) I have a feeling if you took photos from the opposite angles on the far side of the bridge, you'd see the same effect. It's an interesting one. Is that bridge in Drogheda? I might have to go check it out.. as my curiosity is piqued. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Those are really reflections of small light sources in the lens. It happens all the time, but it is much easier to spot with tiny sharp light sources (like street lights in distance, spot lights) and in the dark, where such reflections become more apparent.
    Don't worry about that and use the clone tool few times (or dust removal in LR).

Advertisement