Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co op in Dublin

Options
  • 24-04-2011 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi
    I'm heading to Dublin for co op during the summer and the next semester. I will be the only student working in the company as far as I know and I was hoping someone here has being in my situation.
    Or could tell me what kind of place Dublin is to meet new people.

Kind of a broad question I know but if anyone had co op there I'm curious.

Thanks anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

I'm afraid i can't help you with your predicament as i am a lowly first year, i would not mind going to Dublin either, i was at the dail on a history trip and we met up with ul students working there. Anybody know how you can go about applying for co-op there or is it a case of who you know that will get you a job there.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭shawty

I suggest you find some other coop students moving to Dublin via UL student concil or possibly throw up a post here and move in with these people. You'll get your social scene going for yourself that way.

Other than that as a coop student you'll just be treated as one of the members of staff in your company. You'll be grand in work, no fear there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I've been on my Co-op in Dublin since January (3rd year Business) and I am having a ball.

Being in a big city like this really can push you to get out more, join clubs, try something different and meet new people.

I'm the only intern in my job aswell (it's a small company) but I was lucky in getting to work with really encouraging, friendly people (I'm meeting up with one of the girls for her birthday next weekend :D)

What are your interests? Sports? Movies? etc (there are a lot of Boards meet ups in Dublin aswell ;))

I'm living in the Clontarf area and you're more than welcome to PM me or anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I find you can meet new people wherever you go, I'm 3rd year economics and finance with German and ended up in Munich for my co-op, while there are two other UL students in Munich, they work and live outside the city, say Shannon to Limerick type situation.

My point being just make an effort, if your lucky the company will have other interns and if not, its not the end of the world, there are always ways of meeting people, you'll love co-op. I've many friends on co-op in Dublin right now and they all love it.

Alles gutes von München

Advertisement