Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Channel DAVE and Challenge TV?

• 24-04-2011 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

whats the deal with them. I keep hearing that they can be recieved on free to air... but also hear freesat recievers block them..

but have also heard that are only available on freeview by aerial in the uk?

can anyone clear that up for me? :(

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Console wrote: »
    whats the deal with them. I keep hearing that they can be recieved on free to air... but also hear freesat recievers block them..

but have also heard that are only available on freeview by aerial in the uk?

can anyone clear that up for me? :(

Forget free on Satellite

Freeview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Console

Cheers.
    But what exactly is freeview?
    I know the differences between free to air and freesat but isnt freeview only available in the uk via aerial?

that cant be recieved in ireland right?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

It is receivable along the border countys and in parts along the east coast we here call it over spill.

So... someone living in dublin can recieve english freeview?
    ie, channel dave and challenge tv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Console wrote: »
    So... someone living in dublin can recieve english freeview?
    ie, channel dave and challenge tv?

If you were able to receive the UK channels via aerial before then using the same aerial and freeview box you can pick up the freeview channels.Check the freeview website to see what channels are available.
    A lot of people along the East coast are using their old 'English' aerials now to pick up freeview.

• Advertisement

Do you have to use an aerial amplifier to pick up uk freeview tho?
    as Dublin isnt it a signal hotspot to recieve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

If you didn't get the UK channels via aerial before forget about it.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    If you didn't get the UK channels via aerial before forget about it.

What you mean?
    like i dont have an aerial up. But since I live in dublin I could stick one up and recieve freeview, right? (of course depnding on signal strenth etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

its very difficult to receive freeview in dublin. we have a house down in brittas bay in wicklow and can get freeview down there no probs but back in dublin it wont work

Advertisement