Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

am I gonna get 400 points at this rate

• 24-04-2011 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Well, failed my mocks beautifully. I got 100 points *high five* I know my intelligents just shines. I wished to do medicine which now a distant dream. Am planing to do nursing. Teachers well two of my teachers are worried that I might fail lol life is looking up for me now. :-) . Am studying as hard as I can with 2 ordinary level subjects. Will I make it at this stage.
    Oh note if I repeat I cant do it at home cause am getting kicked out no joke.
    So if its best i repeat how can I get accomdation and money for.school am 17 and 18 in January.
    Thanks pplz B-) sorru this is written on a phone so ya.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Study 5+ hours a day and do every past paper question (corrected with the marking schemes) 20+ times between now and June and the sky's the limit. If you put your heart and soul into it and did that I see no reason why you wouldn't stand a chance of getting 540 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

I feel your pain , worried I wont get the points I need witch is 420. Dont want to be doing a silly course come september. Want to do an Arts Degree in St pats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

You're just going to need to find out why you failed the subjects. If you only got 100 points, be more worried about passing anything than hitting 400. Find out exactly where you lost the marks and fix everything so that it won't happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

I know it may not be the answer your looking for, but its all down to you bro. If you apply yourself correctly, and put in a fair bit of study, you can do it.

Its not gonna be a cake walk though.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Weetbix

Cydoniac wrote: »
    You're just going to need to find out why you failed the subjects. If you only got 100 points, be more worried about passing anything than hitting 400. Find out exactly where you lost the marks and fix everything so that it won't happen again.

I know what I did wrong which is I was too ****ing cocky thinking I dont need to study that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

C__MC wrote: »
    I feel your pain , worried I wont get the points I need witch is 420. Dont want to be doing a silly course come september. Want to do an Arts Degree in St pats.

:D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

getting 'kicked out'? this is a strange statement

and likely to affect your studies

I'd talk to someone older bout this, if that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

You just need to make a serious effort between now and the exams, even if it is a bit late and ****.

Most people who do badly in the mocks don't improve all that much for the leaving because they're not used to studying hard or whatever.

So I dunno, it will be insanely hard to get going but you might as well give it a proper go between now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Dont want to be doing a silly course come september. Want to do an Arts Degree in St pats.

:D:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Vaselina

That is a silly course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    Vaselina wrote: »
    That is a silly course.

That's yer opinions lads. Choosing the right subjects and actually working when doing an Arts degree can prove fruitful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

arts in st. pats? cant get much sillier tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I don't see what all the hate towards Arts degrees is for. Personally I don't want to do one, but they are very good, broad courses for people to do, which lead to all sorts of jobs. And don't forget that about 80% of Irish doctors and lawyers were taught by Arts graduates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

80% of Irish doctors and lawyers were taught by Arts graduates.

Nice of you to just pluck random figures out of thin air.;)

Wouldn't be surprised though if 80% of bankers & politicians came from arts degrees.:D

How to grade a bachelor of arts degree:

Achievement Pass Criteria

PASS : Student wiped arse on UCCA form.

3 : Foreign student applied for course but did
    not arrive in right country

2:2 : Foreign student applied for course and arrived
    in college, but left when it rained.

2:1 : Student was seen once in the coffee shop
    eating a vege-burger. Grade awarded for
    environmental consciousness.

1 :1 : Student went to a lecture and did not play
    table football for at least one week during
    the course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

The OP wants advice on how to increase their points. So everyone stop being a cnut and stay on topic and try and actually help the OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I don't see what all the hate towards Arts degrees is for. Personally I don't want to do one, but they are very good, broad courses for people to do, which lead to all sorts of jobs. And don't forget that about 80% of Irish doctors and lawyers were taught by Arts graduates.

Absolutely. At the rate I'm going at the moment, I reckon I'll be doing an arts degree in subjects that are relevant to the career I want. And then I'll do a post - grad. They're really good degrees if you build on them properly.

NotExactly wrote: »
    The OP wants advice on how to increase their points. So everyone stop being a cnut and stay on topic and try and actually help the OP.

On topic: OP the best way to get the most out of your study at this stage is exam papers. Do them over and over again until they're coming out your ears, and you could be pleasantly surprised in August. Good luck!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Wouldn't be surprised though if 80% of bankers & politicians came from arts degrees.:D

the course.

How to act an idiot:

Step 1: Try to be funny.

Step 2: Receive no thanks for failed attempts at humour.

Step 3: Continue on despite proven flaws with theory.

Oops.. Forgot to mention.

Most important step: Copy joke about arts degrees from this site. http://www.fortunecity.co.uk/meltingpot/jinx/399/jokes/Education/How_Bachelor_of_Arts_Degrees_Are_Graded.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 wazzarooney

Taxi for DaveMur1

• Registered Users Posts: 36 shocxxxxxx

You have to have faith! im in first year in nuig and i felt just how you feel..i got swine flu in november and didint go back to school till the next may even tho i wasnt that sick..everyone including myself thought i was gona fail everything..plus i never went into school in 5th year..maybe one day a week..come may i started freakin out and studying like mad and somehow...god only knows how i got 415!! u just have to try your best and dont give up..and get lots of sleep! Best of luck! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Vaselina

<SHNIP - Fad>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Best of Luck OP!
    I think most of us are scared :P
    Bloody recession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Right, I'm going to assume anyone who is taking the piss out of an Arts degree never did one.....

I dont do arts, but arts isn't the piss take every likes to make it out to be, yes there are useless subjects that can be done with very little work, but coming out with a third class honours is essentially a waste of 3 years...

If you want to do well in arts the amount of reading and writing you have to do is ridiculous, so frankly save it until you have some actual experience of the course (Be it doing the course, or knowing some one who is doing it).

Any further belittling of a course someone expresses an interest in doing will result in a ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

:D :pac:
    sherdydan wrote: »
    arts in st. pats? cant get much sillier tbh!
    I suggest that all three of you cop the hell on.

the course.
    You may find yourself more at home in the Humour forum, or perhaps AH.

Certainly if you wish to continue using this forum I suggest you stop dragging threads off-topic with off-the-shelf mockery of courses you know SFA about.

Vaselina wrote: »
    Arts students like to be anally penetrated
    "How to get sitebanned" in one easy lesson.

Closing this thread as it is a trainwreck.

For those who contributed to making it so, ask yourselves before posting in LC again whether you wish to continue using this forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement