Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nds games

Options
  • 24-04-2011 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭

Played through a game called 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors on the NDS there last week. It's basically a visual novel type game where you like run along make decisions , get some more story then **** up and go back to the beginning and try again.

It's actually very graphic and very adult orientated with a lot of cursing and death for a NDS game.

Not trying to give a review just wondering if anyone has played it or anything else good on the DS recently. I gues the 3DS will be getting a lot of attention but the DS is still a quality little yoke.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Still plenty of good NDS games coming out. Theres the DS Dragon Quest games, Monsters Tale and we're getting solatorobo in July. There's still a bit of life left in it although don't expect much after christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Did you play DQ6 on the DS retro? i played it for bloody hours but I don't know if it's as good as DQIv or V.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not played them yet. Hadn't much money for them and only managed to ick them up very recently with help from some one in america since the DQ games on DS have become really scarce. Will get round to them soon since I'm a big DQ fan. I think the consensus is that 6 isn't as god as 4 or 5 but still damn good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Nollog

The most surprisingly good NDS game I ever played was time hollows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Finished Hotel Dusk a month ago very enjoyable but I imagine its a polarising game. Playing through Phoenix Wright at the moment on the DS (along with Bulletstorm & PES on my 3DS).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Ghost Trick is probably my favorite recent ds game. As a standalone game I'd probably rate it above any of the ace attorney games. Most fun I've had with a game in a long while.

Got Okamiden recently too. It's good but it feels more like an expansion to the original Okami rather than a proper sequel.

Wow Hotel dusk and Time Hollow are ancient, brilliant games though. Played the sequel to Hotel dusk, not as good but still great. Another ancient but excellent game is Another Code: Two Memories/ Trace Memory.

i think ghost trick and okamiden will be my next games i'll get. they're really my type. Just going to finish layton now.

I'm not a big gamer just i get addicted to nds games from time to time and they threaten to ruin my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hey Sid, where did you get 999, been looking for that ever since playing the flash demo, excellent little escape room puzzler!

videogamesplus.ca is where I got it.

I think it's only available in the US (and obviously JP). There is no planned EU release but it should get one but that could be a matter of months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I really hope Capcom decides to localise an English version of Ace Attorney Investigations 2... could be the "last hurrah" for the machine.

Never heard of Time Hollow... will check that out.

Advertisement