Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackson SAK moddy

Options
  • 24-04-2011 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

i picked up a SAK moddy for .22 calibre from mccartys in prosperous last saturday for 50 euro. i intend to use it on my .17 the guy in the store told me it should work well on the .17. my question is has anyone used a sak moddy on a .17 if so how did it get on?

tommy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    i picked up a SAK moddy for .22 calibre from mccartys in prosperous last saturday for 50 euro. i intend to use it on my .17 the guy in the store told me it should work well on the .17. my question is has anyone used a sak moddy on a .17 if so how did it get on?

tommy
    i had one on my old 17hmr and it was the business, rabbits hardly even noticed the crack off the hmr when the sak was on it. tbh i actually never bothered to use the hmr without it, as i found it quite loud unmoderated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

It'll be fine :) Had SAK on both calibres.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

thats good to know:D plus it was only 50euro so well worth it

tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

johngalway wrote: »
    It'll be fine :) Had SAK on both calibres.
    would a sak work on a 22 mag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

lee70 wrote: »
    would a sak work on a 22 mag.

I don't know Lee, I've no experience of shooting 22mags. Same calibre size but more powder, maybe the moderation wouldn't be as good, not sure. Think Glensman has one and a few other members.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

Is the SAK much better than the Parker Hale Mod?
    I have a PH on my HMR, I rarely use the gun without the mod.
    The HMR is very loud without a mod

Advertisement