Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leftover roast pork - what to do

Options
  • 24-04-2011 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Ok so I had fantastic roast pork today, the crackling was spectacular. I've got a load of roast pork left and am short of ideas about what to do with it. I'm eating a roast pork sandwich at the mo so I've already used that idea.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Shred it, reheat, and toss in a delicious barbecue sauce, and eat with soft fresh rolls and coleslaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Shred it, reheat, and toss in a delicious barbecue sauce, and eat with soft fresh rolls and coleslaw.

Sounds good but I can't stand BBQ sauce. Really really!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

What about shredding and using Hoisin sauce or plum sauce instead of barbeque? Serve in wraps with shredded spring onions, carrots and cucumber.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cannyfradock

.......slice the pork as thin as you can, dust with paprika or other dry spices then put the slices in a bowl and add enough Olive oil to barely coat the meat. Leave for an hour or so to marinate. Fry the slices on a very hot griddle pan for a minute or so or until scorch marks appear.

Put into warmed Pita bread with crispy lettuce, onions etc....and serve with homemade Tzaziki....it's well worth the effort of making

Terry

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

with left over pork I shred it and freeze it in portions to use in stirfrys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Pork Vindaloo. Let it stew for longer if there's fat on it as this breaks down and gets incorporated into the sauce.

Advertisement