Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration "fine"

Options
  • 25-04-2011 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I don't think there has been a previous discussion about this but maybe there has.
    Just wondering what other peoples experience has been regarding the 200 euro "fine" that has been levied on some people for failing to register on time. It seems that the college has been totally inconsistent in its application of the sanction, fining some, not fining others, waiving the fine for some, and not for others, and even trying to apply the fine to some who had registered on time.

I am presently on coop and still unregistered as I am not prepared to pay the 200 euro, as I did try to register in week I but found no module code for coop, (not that I thought it was a module per se), and so assumed that registering while on coop was unnecessary. From my own inquiries I have found that this, or something similar, happened a good few people, from my class.

I know that some of the people (some abroad on coop and Erasmus), that were fined, were forced to pay the 200 immediately as they were depending on their grants which were being held back in what imo can only be described as blackmail. If they were not so dependant on the grant they would have argued their case.

Advertisement