Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Normal Wear and Tear, Laminate Floor

Options
  • 25-04-2011 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just a quick questions, i will be moving out my rented accommodation soon. I am coming to the end of a years lease and i have noticed that the "wooden" laminate flooring seems to be lifting slightly on the seems. Like a slight bubble effect.

I am just wondering if this could be considered under normal "wear and tear" or if this is something that is considered damage. Also note i did not do anything to cause this problem to my knowledge and it has occured in two rooms in the house. Not major just small bumps and bubbles.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards,
    Sinister747

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 islandgirl

Normal wear and tear. Or not even wear and tear, just lino doing what it does!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Agree with Islandgirl- unless you regularly flooded the place, causing this issue, that is just a problem with the lino.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wjzambezi

Lino is different to wooden laminate, I found that it expands and bubbles depending on the weather and also if water gets in underneath it. Either way it's not something you can control, it's up to your landlord!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I'm lost with the references to lino ie vinyl floorcovering when the OP has referred to laminate ie a non solid wood panel floor?

I would not expect a laminate to bubble in such a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wjzambezi

In my case the "wood effect laminate flooring" bubbled along the joins initially due to not enough room left for expansion and later because of a water leak. Was the place flooded at any stage?

• Advertisement
Advertisement