Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night feeds.

Options
  • 25-04-2011 6:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

Am I supposed to wait for my daughter to wake up crying for bottle or pre-empt her by feeding while she's still mooching.
    The odd night she's gone with only 1 night feed but its mostly 2 feeds a night and just wondering if I'm getting in there too early with the grub. Although it's a half hour of mooching and settling at least, with the settling getting less frequent and mooching more intense. She's 7 weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

If you want to get your baby into a night time routine, don't wake her at night, she will wake when she feels hungry, if she goes 5 hours at night rather than the usual 3-4, maybe add another ounce to her bottle.

But if you leave her sleep, she will more than likely get into a routine quite swiftly. My son started that at 10 weeks, he has slept very well at night since, minus the few teething problems and ear aches.

Why not try it tonight, if she is all out of sorts tomorrow then revert back to the way you are doing it now. Babies make their routines, it is sometimes easier to just roll with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭dellWlan

Isn't the mooching a precursor to her waking? It's quite loud. Keeps me and the missis awake.
    Feeds are very calm at night with little wind and no fuss before she goes back to sleep. Am worried if she wakes fully and cries for food the feed will be more stressful leading to longer settling afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I'd definitely leaver her be, if she is hungry you will know all about it" :)
    My son was like that and we ended up moving him quite early into his own room so that my partner and I could get some sleep ourselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭dellWlan

I'll try it so next day I don't have work in the morning incase it all goes wrong. She's nearly too big for Moses basket so we may have to move her to her own room and cot soon enough.

Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement