Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wood pellet wiring

Options
  • 25-04-2011 8:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

anyone familiar with wood peller boilers

-just wondering on 'call' for heat

-and wiring from boiler to silo

unfortunately i've limited info thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

iv yet to wire two that were the same! even similar!! one i even had to make my own controller for.

generally they have a permanent supply and a switched/ignition supply to fire the boiler. the silo auger is generally wired off the boiler/ controller to control feed rate of pellets etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

i did the biomass installation course in ballfermot with fas and was giving a training manual. there is no actual electrical schematics but i hope these help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

they gave me the lowdown on it

it's 'systemlink' for rads and h/w

-each zone is pumped no mv's

pellet boiler works in conjunction with a 'buffer tank'

there might also be a link from boiler to a hopper or something

they're all in close proximity

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

each pump will probably be controlled by a stat or something and possibly also call the boiler. will need a few relays probably if this is the case one for each zone. stat energises relay and 2 n/o contacts used one to call the boiler the other to run zone pump. if its all close by it should be handy enough to run all the cores u need etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

stat and timer channels switch each zone pump-systemlink common enough

there's no 'call' for heat though afaik -the boiler works with the buffer tank

• Advertisement
Advertisement