Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing Java Applets?

Options
  • 25-04-2011 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

So i've googled this for hours on end and can't find an answer to my problem, so maybe someone here can help.

I'm using Eclipse IDE, making a Java applet.
    My applet gets the source code from the rs website and creates various graphs and things from it.

Eclipse gives you all permissions for accessing websites and such, but it's when i try embed my applet into a webpage (and therefore be outside the Eclipse program) i encounter problems as my applet doesn't have permission to access websites.

My googling has led me to the conclusion that i must 'sign' my applet, but i can't figure out how to do it, at least through Eclipse anyways. :confused:

i'd be super-grateful if someone could figure this out for me. :)

Advertisement