Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Voyager 2110 wireless router problem

• 25-04-2011 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi,
    Not sure if my problem is the router or my ISP,Vodafone.Basically for the last month approximately everytime I come home from work and go to log on to the interenet the " internet" light on the modem is extinguished which is correct as I have no connection. I reboot the modem and no problem till I come the next day and it has lost the connection again. Any advice , suggestions very welcome.
    Thanks
    Willby

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭homer911

I am also running a BT voyager Modem with Vodafone as ISP - The Vodafone signal is constantly dropping - This morning I had to reboot my router 5 times to get an internet connection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

had the exact same issue with several different modems on vodafone, thing is that they denied the issue was happening, never happened before i was switched from BT to Voda tho

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Willby

homer911 wrote: »
    I am also running a BT voyager Modem with Vodafone as ISP - The Vodafone signal is constantly dropping - This morning I had to reboot my router 5 times to get an internet connection
    had the exact same issue with several different modems on vodafone, thing is that they denied the issue was happening, never happened before i was switched from BT to Voda tho

Hi Homer/Axis,
    I have been with them since they took over from BT and it is only in the last few weeks that I have this permanent drop out. Think its time to move on again. Thanks for replies.
    Willby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I'm with them too on a Bt voyager. I don't lose a connection but if I log into the router and check the status I notice my download speed at 10400 when I'm paying for upto 24 but capable of 12.5. A reboot will restore my 12.5.

What I've done and it works great is I have a timer on the socket that powers the router off at 2am and back on 5 minutes later. This is enough to restore g
    Full speed for the entire day and possibly longer but the fact it happens every night means I have no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Willby

Thanks Jarvis. I should do something similar as I seem to have connection for approx 24 hours before having to reboot.
    Willby

• Advertisement
Advertisement