Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bobby Bible

• 25-04-2011 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Just heard the tragic news that local keyboard player Bobby Bible was killed last night in a car accident.His car was in a collision with a horse not too far away from his home.
    Rest in Peace

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

R.I.P.One nic fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

gave me lessons when i was about ten years old. tragic news. rip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

R.I.P Bobby and condolences to the family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

a question, the news states that the person was 42 years old, could this be someone different as the Bobby Bible who played keyboards in a bunch of bands over the years would be older than that?

Terribly sad either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

old gregg wrote: »
    a question, the news states that the person was 42 years old, could this be someone different as the Bobby Bible who played keyboards in a bunch of bands over the years would be older than that?

Terribly sad either way.

They got the age wrong, it is the same Bobby, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

He played the organ in Newtown Church (out by Kilmac) will be a big loss to that,
    RIP

Roanmore wrote: »
    They got the age wrong, it is the same Bobby, RIP.
    oh dear, condolences to the family.
    Looks like there'll never be that Taxi reunion gig many have secretly hoped for :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

As no that's really sad news. He thought my twin. Lovely fella. :-( RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

RIP Robbie, absolute gent.

• Advertisement

Life is unfair at times, a life is ended so tragically over a stupid horse been on the road. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 slainte1

STIG83 wrote: »
    Life is unfair at times, a life is ended so tragically over a stupid horse been on the road. :(
    I'm not sure if the horse was stupid but one would like to think that its owner has some questions to answer.

slainte1 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if the horse was stupid but one would like to think that its owner has some questions to answer.

I heard yesterday who the horse owner is, was only talking to him in Febuary of this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I heard yesterday who the horse owner is, was only talking to him in Febuary of this year.

whoever the owner was they might be in trouble according to the independent...
    The owner of the horse could face prosecution over the tragedy. Under legislation, the owner of a horse is liable for injury or damage caused by the animal to people or property.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/motorist-dies-after-collision-with-horse-2629176.html

I didn't know him personally but my girlfriend did.. shame to see such a tragic death :-(

RIP

Heathen wrote: »
    whoever the owner was they might be in trouble according to the independent...

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/motorist-dies-after-collision-with-horse-2629176.html

I didn't know him personally but my girlfriend did.. shame to see such a tragic death :-(

RIP

The owner of the horse will be knee deep in it, animals who are on a road and something happens, the owner of them is fully responsible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

R.I.P - Bobby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lol123

Such sad news. Bobby taught me for years as a kid. He had so much energy and enthusiasm. A legend in his own right and an inspiration to anyone lucky enough to sit in his class. He felt every note he played.
    A seriously talented musician, and a lovely guy!

RIP bobby, you'll b greatly missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

I assume they're not a member of a nomadic group of people?

wellbutty wrote: »
    I assume they're not a member of a nomadic group of people?

Now the rumour is that the horse belonged to a well known family from a Co Waterford Village.
    Appartently the gate where the horse was kept was deliberately opened before what happened last Sunday night, if somebody did that they are pure scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

RIP mate.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭bogs

My heartfelt sympathy to his family.May he rest in peace.Niall Grace.

Now the rumour is that the horse belonged to a well known family from a Co Waterford Village.
    Appartently the gate where the horse was kept was deliberately opened before what happened last Sunday night, if somebody did that they are pure scum.
    One of the lads that played in a band with him years ago told me what he heard but as everyone knows there is always rumours and I wouldn't be into the Chinese whispers so ill leave it off.
    When he was teaching my twin the keyboard years ago down in garter lane he was always on about one day owning his own shop. Delighted he got his dream before this totally tragic accident. He was extremely well known and will definitely be missed in town. Out and out gentleman with unbelievable talent for music. I'm not religious at all so ill just say, rip bud and wherever you are you willvbe having a great session with whoever's with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

seanybiker wrote: »
    One of the lads that played in a band with him years ago told me what he heard but as everyone knows there is always rumours and I wouldn't be into the Chinese whispers so ill leave it off.
    When he was teaching my twin the keyboard years ago down in garter lane he was always on about one day owning his own shop. Delighted he got his dream before this totally tragic accident. He was extremely well known and will definitely be missed in town. Out and out gentleman with unbelievable talent for music. I'm not religious at all so ill just say, rip bud and wherever you are you willvbe having a great session with whoever's with you.

Lovely lovely tribute to Robbie, thanks.

seanybiker wrote: »

I try not to take much notice of rumours either, heard one last week but i would not believe it.

I try not to take much notice of rumours either, heard one last week but i would not believe it.
    To be honest bud it wasn't even a bad rumour, more of a sad rumour if you know what I mean. Anyways enough of that. Music in town is going to have some load of tributes/memories of Robby. Eddie coady was the dj everyone remembers and I honestly think Robby is gonna be remembered like him.

Advertisement