Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed roof removal cement board

• 25-04-2011 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I was looking for some advice about removing the roof from a garden shed.

Basically it has a cement board roof which needs to be replaced, rumor would have it that this type of cement board using in the 1970's would have a small content of low grade asbestos in it.

What is the best way to get rid of this? There's very few nails holding it down, what nails are there i can just clip them. The panels are complete. Reading on the internet they say to wet it down just incase. I thinking of just bagging up each sheet of it and getting someone licensed to take it away or bringing it to a licensed facility.

I know there are companies that would come in with suits to dispose of it, but seems like its a bit OTT for a few sheets of the stuff, seen as its not broken and i've been using the shed for years with it up there.

I'm sure a few of you have come across this over the years...

Advertisement