Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 4GB vs 250GB

• 25-04-2011 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Looking to make a purchase this weekend and wondering which is the best option. Wont be doing much, if any, online gaming. Have sourced a 2nd hand 4GB and Kinect plus 7 games for €250 and am picking up at the weekend. Just want to make sure its a good deal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Personally i'd go for the 250 g . i prefer having the games installed on the harddrive keeping the noise to a minimum and the heat down. Thats not to say that you are not getting a good deal with that offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Good deal for what you're getting but in a months time you'll be crying out for a 250GB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

250gb all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Thanks folks. Confused now about what to do. Its a very cheap offer.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

I deeply regret buying th 4GB instead of the 250GB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Doomofman

If you have an old 360 harddrive you could open the case of it, and use that hard drive on the 4gb to boost the capacity.... In fact I'm pretty sure you could use any SATA harddrive for it... At the very least, down the line you could shell out 100 euro for the official microsoft harddrive expansion... So while you start at 4gb, you're most certainly not limited to that

Cool. Well I have the PS3 and have never used the hard drive in it, bar game saves. So I cant see myself using a 250 GB drive. Also this seems to be the best deal Ive come across with the 8 months warranty and 7 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Doomofman

TBH I don't know what a big harddrive is really useful for unless you download a lot of expansions for games or install games on the harddrive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Any idea on the 7 games, it may seem like a deal until the games are years old and can be bought for pennies somewhere. But largely guessing it was an Xmas present someone doesnt want/need now so probably newish games.

As for the HD, you can always pick up a 250Gb if needs be later on, saw one knocked down to around €55 in GAME last week.

Yep, here they are. Seem pretty new. Gona go with it. Seems like a great deal. Hope to pick it up on Sunday.

CoD Modern Warfare 2
    Gears of War
    Far Cry
    Ghost Recon - Advanced Warfighter
    PGR 4
    Fallout 3
    Kinect Adventures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I bought a 4GB and then an external 250GB hard drive at a later date.

The only reason I did that is because the matte finish is miles better than the 250GB's fingerprint magnet.... Well in my opinion anyway.

I'm picky like that. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Yep, here they are. Seem pretty new. Gona go with it. Seems like a great deal. Hope to pick it up on Sunday.

CoD Modern Warfare 2
    Gears of War
    Far Cry
    Ghost Recon - Advanced Warfighter
    PGR 4
    Fallout 3
    Kinect Adventures

Most of those are only worth about €2 trade in value and a few are pretty old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

i think you will regret it since my 2gb hard drive is almost full with game-saves. kinect and a 250gb slim can be got for 300 euro i think. worth the extra 50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The hard drive is used to install games as well as download expansion packs and other downloadable content. You would install games to decrease wear & tear on the laser, reduce noise levels and increase load times. The improvements can be substantial.

That being said, there's no reason why you can't jump on this deal now and shell out for the hard drive later. There are ways and means to get a 250GB drive on the cheap, but even the new ones from Microsoft aren't prohibitively expensive.

Advertisement