Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to stop neighbours dog

• 25-04-2011 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

....doing his 'business' in our yard?

There are four houses around us who have dogs. We have never had this problem until the latest people moved in next door. Now, I'm not 100% sure it's their dog, so I'm not going to start pointing fingers. But it is annoying me. Does anyone have any tips for discouraging the dog from doing it in our yard? I've heard of the bottles of water lying around and am going to try that, but I will give anything a go. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

All those tips and tricks people will tell you don't work.
    The only solution is a fence, I spent 6 years picking poop from my open front garden and the only thing that stopped it was a fence. I own dogs myself and pick up after them daily, don't let them roam and walk them a lot (with bags in my pockets for poop) but it really pissed me off picking up other people dog poop, 'cos they're too lazy to walk the dogs and pick it up themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

If my neighbours let their dogs out on their own and they went and destroyed my garden with poo i'd pick it up walk with it over to their garden and drop it straight in their garden, if my dog doesnt go in my garden then their dogs certainly wont be let go in my garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Have a friendly chat with the offending dogs owner..
    explain your concerns and put forward the proposal that you spray the dog with water if you catch it coming into the garden..tell her you arent going to be cruel but that dog doo doo in your garden is a health risk etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭alan89

Snip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

garkane wrote: »
    If my neighbours let their dogs out on their own and they went and destroyed my garden with poo i'd pick it up walk with it over to their garden and drop it straight in their garden, if my dog doesnt go in my garden then their dogs certainly wont be let go in my garden!

I actually done that myself just last week. Next door neighbour’s, I just threw it over the hedge lol. (With a spade of course)

• Advertisement

In fairness the knocking over to them seems the best option but if they are letting their dog out and it is raoming around there isnt much they can do unitl the deed is done! Spraying their dog with water might be an option that is only if the dog doesnt like water if that were my fella he'd stand there thinking it was shower time as he loves the water :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Scout_Around

rubywoo wrote: »
    ....doing his 'business' in our yard?

There are four houses around us who have dogs. We have never had this problem until the latest people moved in next door. Now, I'm not 100% sure it's their dog, so I'm not going to start pointing fingers. But it is annoying me. Does anyone have any tips for discouraging the dog from doing it in our yard? I've heard of the bottles of water lying around and am going to try that, but I will give anything a go. Thanks.

I may have a solution.

I stumbled upon this company on Facebook, Bags on Board.

They've recently started a "Naughty Neighbor" campaign where you can send your irresponsible neighbor a free Bags on Board dispenser and some pet waste bags.

The dispenser will come with a message for your neighbor letting them know, hey, letting your dog poop in my yard, and not picking it up, is not cool. :D

Plus, you get to avoid confrontation.

Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/BagsOnBoard

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rubywoo

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I think chatting to them (and everyone else with a dog) is indeed the best option, but of course I'm a coward.....!
    Have put fencing over the gate now, so we'll see how that goes.
    I do appreciate the replies :)

Ah just as I say it wont happen to me whats in my garden... a nice fresh one! :mad: no idea what dog done it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

garkane wrote: »
    Ah just as I say it wont happen to me whats in my garden... a nice fresh one! :mad: no idea what dog done it though

oh thats the the start of it now, once one does it they all have to have ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement