Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal wedding memorabilia - Shopping in Dublin

Options
  • 25-04-2011 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering, where in Dublin you can buy Royal Wedding memorabilia?

The shops up North are doing a roaring trade this month in Royal Wedding cups, mugs, plates, tea cloths, flags, tea pots, beer tankards, ash trays (very non pc), fridge magnets, dinner sets, trays, clocks, shot classes + loads more stuff too . . . . .

Just tried to order two Royal Wedding dinner plates up North, all sold out . . .

Any shops in Dublin selling Royal wedding mamorabilia?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,886 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

We have no roayalty in Ireland so you'll need to give us a bit more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Dunno but I do remember that you can buy jonnies with prince william's mug on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

LordSutch wrote: »
    Just wondering, where in Dublin you can buy Royal Wedding memorabilia?

The shops up North are doing a roaring trade this month in Royal Wedding cups, mugs, plates, tea cloths, flags, tea pots, beer tankards, ash trays (very non pc), fridge magnets, dinner sets, trays, clocks, shot classes + loads more stuff too . . . . .

Just tried to order two Royal Wedding dinner plates up North, all sold out . . .

Any shops in Dublin selling Royal wedding mamorabilia?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Bydq7ft6Jhc/TF7909g-mnI/AAAAAAAAADk/fzKKdKJ6F78/s320/trollface.gif

P.S. Royal family? The McCarthy Royal Dynasty ended long ago...who are you referring to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

You could try 44/46 parnell square,I am sure they will look after you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hookah

Have you tried asking in the Players Lounge?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

The shops in town could be making a fortune by selling Royal wedding momoribilia, just this morning I tried to oreder an extra two Royal wedding dinner plates from a shop in Belfast, but they are sold out until next week :mad:

PS the plates are €16.95 each and they had three boxes (twenty in a box) only last week!

There must be somewhere in Dublin selling Royal wedding stuff ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I wouldn't say there is a huge interest in royal wedding memorabilia in Dublin. Culturally, memorabilia isn't a big thing over her and any English friends I have over here wouldn't be bothered with it. So I don't think Dublin shops would make a fortune. I see you lived in London for years, surely some of your friends could send some stuff over? If they won't, the border is a very short drive away.

(If you are trying to get a rise out of people it isn't working ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Zebra3 wrote: »

Really?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kingoftory.jpg

John_Rambo wrote: »
    I wouldn't say there is a huge interest in royal wedding memorabilia in Dublin. Culturally, memorabilia isn't a big thing over her and any English friends I have over here wouldn't be bothered with it. So I don't think Dublin shops would make a fortune. I see you lived in London for years, surely some of your friends could send some stuff over? If they won't, the border is a very short drive away.

Got a mixed box of memorabilia from a shop in Belfast, mugs, plates etc for friends & family, but I am two dinner plates short, hence the last minute query in Dublin! I want the plates before Friday, and the last order from Belfast took four days to arrive here, & I had to pay postage.
    John_Rambo wrote: »
    (If you are trying to get a rise out of people it isn't working ;))

No rise to be had, lots of interest in the wedding here in the Republic.

A serious question, the plates retail for €16.95 each, and I'm still none the wiser as to where to get them down here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Zebra3 wrote: »

I might be all wrong but in Kerry I think they make a wild goat the King during the Puck Fair, an annual event
    Bit of useless info for you :pac:

Have you tried Argos?
    They might have a supplemental catalogue.
    And if they don't, they realy should from a business point of view

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Just go up North.

They're probably doing jobs lots of wedding merchandise with kick the pope tea-towels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Instead of starting a new thread, does anyone know where I could get a good English fry up and watch the wedding around lunch time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

To be quite honest very few people in the Republic could give a shíte about the wedding.

Now that is just not true :rolleyes:

Even RTE have decided that there will be a large enough audience for the Royals, here in good auld Eire.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

RMD wrote: »
    To be quite honest very few people in the Republic could give a shíte about the wedding.

Strangely enough, that seems to be untrue. I know loads of people who'll be watching, some of them even taking time off to watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Gaspode wrote: »
    Strangely enough, that seems to be untrue. I know loads of people who'll be watching, some of them even taking time off to watch it.

Coverage kicks off at 7am on Sky, I'll be knocking off work at lunch to watch it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

discus wrote: »
    Coverage kicks off at 7am on Sky, I'll be knocking off work at lunch to watch it.

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

RMD wrote: »
    Thats what you'd like to think ;)
    I applied for OT on Thur instead of Fri so I could catch it.
    Most girls love a good wedding and I'm sure that many of the Irish wedding forums will be buzzing on Friday ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement