Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plug plants gloop

Options
  • 25-04-2011 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭

I just got a bunch of plug plants - asters, sweet williams, pyrethrums - from Aldi. They came in the usual little planters, and underneath was some gloopy stuff, obviously designed to keep the plants moist and fed, or to hold the plugs in place in the packets.

What is this gloop, and how do I dispose of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Does it not say on the packet? Anyway it is probably some sort of aquaculture stuff - the plants will need food and hydration and that's what the gloop is doing. I would suggest you just mix it into the compost as you are planting.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

its water retaining gel so just add it in with the compost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Ah thanks, will dig it in in the morning. No, it didn't say on the packet; Aldi's packet information tends to be a little terse.

Advertisement