Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

freshwater and marine biology

• 25-04-2011 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I've applied for freshwater and marine biology (both lvl 7 and lvl 8) and i'm getting really confused about the whole common first year science thing.
    What do they mean when they say denominated and undenominated?
    If i have applied for the marine bio. course, do I have to do the common first year, or do i have a choice?
    Oh and any other handy info on the course would be appreciated.
    Cheers :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 marb

carrie19 wrote: »
    I've applied for freshwater and marine biology (both lvl 7 and lvl 8) and i'm getting really confused about the whole common first year science thing.
    What do they mean when they say denominated and undenominated?
    If i have applied for the marine bio. course, do I have to do the common first year, or do i have a choice?
    Oh and any other handy info on the course would be appreciated.
    Cheers :D

denominated and undenominated just refers ti whether you are doing marine (denominated) or forensics( denominated) or general science (non denominated)

yes you would do the common 1st year

good course, friendly lecturers, lots of practical to go with the theory, its a field biology degree course

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stevepkbrgs

Mmm thinking about transfering to NUIG ther is one lecturer who is causing major problems not just with me but the rest of the group. Other lecturer told us just to ignore her and let it go over your head.

Mmm thinking about transfering to NUIG ther is one lecturer who is causing major problems not just with me but the rest of the group. Other lecturer told us just to ignore her and let it go over your head.

If there are problems, perhaps the group you are referring to should talk to your course coordinator, and see if you can sort out this "major problem".

NUIG is a great university.. but when it comes to science courses.. GMIT is much better as we do all the practicalities whilst NUIG is all theory.

Maybe, think about that before you go making any rash decisions. Or talk to students doing your course in NUI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

Its a good course. Both NUIG and GMIT have their merits, but as a graduate, you WILL have the skills to get to work.

If your having problems with a lecturer, best to speak with course co-ordinator and air your views. Dont let it put you off finising out your degree.

Advertisement