Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Custom exhaust.

• 25-04-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

Looking for a place to do a job on my pipes. Any websites for places in Ireland? Can't really find anywhere on google etc and the forum does not through up much.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Cheers, have you used them before?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Cheers, have you used them before?

Yep, Jay's sound and damn good at his work too.

Well responded to my email in five mins. So good 1st impression!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Yep, Jay's sound and damn good at his work too.

+1

people are only as good as the recommendations they get, and i couldn't recommend him higher! sound lad and done a great job for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Sorry to hijack but I was about to post this:

My brother has a restricted 1998 Shadow 1100 and his exhaust is in trouble. He needs to find a cost effective way of sorting it out. He's been wondering about replacing it with an OEM one or upgrading it.

Exhausts appear to be a bit of a black art dealing with baffles, engine breathing, volume, tone, looks etc etc is making our heads spin. I think he'd be happy if he could find an affordable system that would give him a drop in tone, increase in volume and suit the bike. I think he'd prefer to avoid another 2 into 1 system.

The questions that come to mind are: who are the companies that make such things for twins and can they be found online? It's easy peasy to find stuff for gixxers. Is it costly to get these things custom made? Will it agree with the bike? What are the consequences to fitting a drastically different system to a stock bike? Can you take OEM exhausts from one model and it them to another?

In other words 'how long is a piece of string' Any light that you could shed on the issue would be appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

cantdecide wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack but I was about to post this:

My brother has a restricted 1998 Shadow 1100 and his exhaust is in trouble. He needs to find a cost effective way of sorting it out. He's been wondering about replacing it with an OEM one or upgrading it.

Exhausts appear to be a bit of a black art dealing with baffles, engine breathing, volume, tone, looks etc etc is making our heads spin. I think he'd be happy if he could find an affordable system that would give him a drop in tone, increase in volume and suit the bike. I think he'd prefer to avoid another 2 into 1 system.

The questions that come to mind are: who are the companies that make such things for twins and can they be found online? It's easy peasy to find stuff for gixxers. Is it costly to get these things custom made? Will it agree with the bike? What are the consequences to fitting a drastically different system to a stock bike? Can you take OEM exhausts from one model and it them to another?

In other words 'how long is a piece of string' Any light that you could shed on the issue would be appreciated.

Honestly, i think copy and paste that post into an email and fire it off to the company kami mentioned might be the best idea?

For future reference I'll keep the tread updated as I go along. Just have to send more detailed pictures as I'm not near to drop in.

Advertisement