Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses for Uisneach Music Festival

Options
  • 25-04-2011 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Are there any buses going from Mullingar to the music festival at the hill of Uisneach next saturday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 saol

From facebook:

Festival of the Fires People are welcome to book their own buses and they can drop off and pick up adjacent to the main car park. We will not be running a shuttle bus service to the larger towns of Mullingar or Athlone. Private bus companies are welcome to run charters. The only bus service we are running is between the main festival gate and the Uisneach Inn in Killare as the R390 is strictly off limit to pedestrians

Haven't heard of any private buses running yet anyway. I'll keep my ear out

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Any info on this would be great, as getting out of the Festival late might be an issue if there arent any busses going back to Mullingar.

Im sure there will be cabs waiting outside too? Any one remember from last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

share a taxi.
    it ain't too far

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭MeerKat17

Does anyone know of any charter buses running from Athlone? How far is it from Athlone? It's my first year going...any transport tips appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

yes im also finding it very hard to get to and from festival of fires, any locals know of any private bus companies operating a shuttle service from mullingar to the festival site???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

foolelle wrote: »
    yes im also finding it very hard to get to and from festival of fires, any locals know of any private bus companies operating a shuttle service from mullingar to the festival site???

It is one of the less well organised sides of the festival
    you'd thumb a lift no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

your right nice guy, it does say on the site that there is private charters going from athlone and mullingar but thats all the info there given, they obviously want nothing to do with it, i hope it doesnt put a dampner on it......
    but its true what my mother used to tell me....'where theres will theres a way'
    anyway onto a better note, who is everyone lookin forward to seeing??

I cant wait to see The Hothouse Flowers, Kila, Mikey and the Scallywaggs and Jape plus loads more........

See ya'll there!! (,")

Advertisement