Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thigh tattoo trouble

Options
  • 25-04-2011 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, I'm just wondering if anyone else got a rash or found that an upper leg tattoo heals differently than a lower leg. I'm no stranger to tattoos, have a full knee to ankle sleeve and just got a Secretariat homage done( Kirsi Salonen style:D) on my outer thigh which came up in a red spotty rash while it healed. Then got that joined by tattooing back of my knee and my kneecap itself and again it came up in this red rash. It's never happened my lower leg or any other places i'm tattooed in. Would it be heat from the clingfilm or just more sensitive skin?:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I wonder if it's the type of skin. I have MS and have to inject myself every day. My thighs react REALLY badly to them, whereas the rest of me is okay. I really want a tattoo on my thigh, but am concerned due to the reactions I have from injecting. I have quite a big tattoo on my lower leg which I had no issues with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

ElleEm wrote: »
    I wonder if it's the type of skin. I have MS and have to inject myself every day. My thighs react REALLY badly to them, whereas the rest of me is okay. I really want a tattoo on my thigh, but am concerned due to the reactions I have from injecting. I have quite a big tattoo on my lower leg which I had no issues with.

I don't know, it appears to just be there where I'm affected. My tattooist told me he had reactions around his armpit but he thought it was because of the Bepanthan. I'm just worried for my inner thigh being done in June!

Advertisement