Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PIXMANIA purchase gone wrong

Options
  • 25-04-2011 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

On Sunday (24/04/2011) I purchased a 24" monitor using the pixmania website. Upon reading the confirmation e-mail today I realized it was going to be sent to an incorrect address. An old address of mine that they must have had on file. I don't actually remember specifying an address at the time of purchase, so if there was a point in the purchase procedure to specify the delivery address I must have missed it.

Upon spotting the mistake I immediately tried to change the address. Pixmania responded with:
    You have requested to change your delivery address on your current order.

You order has been approved by our Security Validation team to the specific delivery address that you entered on your order. We cannot modify the delivery address accordingly.

NEW ORDER
    Should you wish to receive a delivery to an alternative address, you will be required to place a new order which will be subject to a new security check. In this instance you can cancel your current order, for immediate refund.

REFUSED DELIVERY
    If you decide to cancel the current order, since a delivery date has already been assigned, we cannot stop delivery. We would advise that you refuse delivery.
    It seems that I can go ahead and place another order for a different address (in which case I could possibly be charged twice for the product) or I can somehow make sure that the item is refused delivery at the old address that I no longer reside at.

So I asked them to cancel the order and they replied with:

We would like to also confirm you that your parcel has reach a certain stage in the preparation where it is no longer possible to stop the dispatch of your order (the delivery label(s) have been stuck on your parcel(s) and scanned for collection).

We kindly request that you refuse delivery of the parcel. Once the parcel is registered returned in the Pixmania warehouse a refund will be issued.
    How can I refuse delivery if I do not reside at the address they are sending it to??? What stops them putting a different label on the box??? I cant believe that the item has already been shipped on the Sunday? Who works on bank holiday sunday?

So I e-mail them back and explain that I cannot refuse delivery at old address and they reply with:
    In reply to your query, we are writing to inform you that unfortunately we can no longer change the delivery address and the parcel is being prepared and should be shipped to the previously indicated address. We invite you to contact the transporter so that they would not deliver it to the old address and would then return it back to us and upon receipt of goods, they would be redispatched to the new address.

OMG what efficiency! Apparently at this point they cannot stop the "parcel being prepared." So I wrote back and asked them for the contact details of the transporter so I could contact them and "refuse delivery" at which point they stop responding to my emails.

So far this is not looking good at all.

I hope PIXMANIA will sort this problem out before it gets really bad.

What do you think of my dilemma? Am I justified in feeling infuriated?

J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Jackgeek wrote: »
    Am I justified in feeling infuriated?

Sort of, because this is a case of pure stupidity on their end. How is it not possible to stop the order when it hasn't dispatched yet? I would understand if it was already posted, but it's not. Having said that, you did place the order to the wrong address, so some of the blame resides with you.

At this point, I'd guess all you can do is hope the people at the delivery address refuse it, or if they accept it that you can go and get it. If it doesn't get returned to Pixmania, then you will have no case for a refund or re-sending.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jackgeek

I do think that during the order process there should be a bit that asks "where should we deliver this product?" Even if they have an old address on file I should be asked, it is a massive assumption on their part that the address on file is the address I want the product shipped to. Especially as the last time I purchased something from them was over a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I do think that during the order process there should be a bit that asks "where should we deliver this product?" Even if they have an old address on file I should be asked, it is a massive assumption on their part that the address on file is the address I want the product shipped to. Especially as the last time I purchased something from them was over a year ago.
    It's in your contact details, you are given the option of specifying that your billing address is also your delivery address or not. I don't use Pixmania, but I assume if you specified the billing address is not your delivery address then you would be asked for a delivery address with each transaction. Since you believe you weren't asked I can only assume you have specified the billing address and delivery address are the same in your contact details. Surely when you placed the order they displayed the full details before you confirmed the transaction?

Nice theory but the address that was used is not and never has been my billing address.

I managed to intercept the item. Pixmania contacted me directly and offered to help but said that they could not do anything once the order had been dispatched... Which is why I was contacting them early on in the first place. Lesson here for me is to look at my details on file before purchasing from pixmania. All's well that ends well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Glad it worked out for you. Having said that, you made one crucial mistake.
    On Sunday (24/04/2011) I purchased a .... using the pixmania website.

Don't do it again...

Where else do you get your gadgets?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Where else do you get your gadgets?

Honestly, anywhere except Pixmania. Here's one for you. Do a search on boards for pixmania. I believe there4 is even a Pixmania Mega Merge thread because a LOT of people have had problems with them. I'm afraid to say more for fear of being on the wrong side of possible liable.

You bought a monitor, not a gadget. I'd personally purchase that local, bricks and mortar. Cheapest price isn't my only factor. Customer service is high on my list. If something goes wrong with a big ticket item [€100 + ] I like the convenience of face to face "conversation"

But to answer your latest question, I go to Gamesnash.ie, videogamesplus.ca, Amazon.ie, Elara.ie, Komplett.ie [they seem to be getting better]

All highly regarded online shops. I'd never have and will NEVER give my money to Pixmania. Too many people have had issues with them and their CS is shocking, to put it mildly.

Advertisement