Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology H or O? help

• 25-04-2011 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

ok well im stuck on which one to do
    on one hand on HL bio i failed my mocks, 28percent
    is the OL easyier? can i push it to a C3 or C1 come the leaving cert
    or will i just try and get a D3 in HL
    i dont plan on getting a high grade in HL bio i really only need a D3 cause my other subjects make up the points for the course i want to do

so should i stick with HL even though theres a risk of me failing it in the leaving as ive to concentrate on maths as i failed that too
    or should i do OL and hopefully get a C3 or higher

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Yedya

Not much difffernce in HL and OL i hate bio theres way to much to learn i failed it in the mocks also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭unknowntoown

theres a big difference in the lc
    between points
    and the HL is alot harder in comparsion to questions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

look at it this way...you had to know something to get 28%...build on that.
    i was counting on everything except Irish for my points as I wasn't as strong in it as everything else. Turned out I got a better mark in Irish than I did English! You cant count on everything to go as planned and bio is just rote learning. test yourself as much as you can...draw everything out and concentrate on labelling it. try to pick up small details for the short questions etc. also try to identify at what time of day you learn this best. mine was after 10.30pm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Try stick with HL. The points are worth it. If you find you just can't learn it practise some HL & OL papers and make a decision based on the results. There's still time...

Advertisement