Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting old 360 HD to new 360?

• 25-04-2011 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to connect my old 360 20GB hard drive to my new Halo xbox. Is there a way? My new 360 has a 250GB HD but I have a saved game of ME2 on the HD of my old 360 and I want to continue without starting again. How do I do this? Do I need a cable or something? The two 360's are completely different designs so I can't attach the old HD to the new 360.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Do you still have the phat 360? If you do, stick in a usb stick and let the xbox format it (this will erase everything on it so backup first) then copy the save file from the hard drive to the usb stick and put this in your new xbox.

Otherwise I think you will need a Data transfer cable like this Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Yeah, still have the phat 360. I've got an empty usb somewhere so I'll give it a go and let you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

if u take off the casing for the old HDD it has the same connection as the new HDD

theres some youtube vids of it being done

other than that yeah data transfer cable will do the trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

There's a tutorial out there if you google it, I think it's taking the actual hard drive out of the plastic casing and it will slot into the new xbox if you are careful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

A usb stick will work perfectly though yeah? If so, that's my first port of call. Just trying to find one atm..ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Doomofman

USB would work ok, there is something to be said about data transfer between a memory key and an actual harddrive... But the mod(Using that word very lightly in this instance, connecting a SATA drive to a SATA port is hardly a mod) of removing the old 360 harddrive from it's case and using it on the Slim definitely works. It's a standard SATA connection inside the Slim, so theoretically you could use any SATA harddrive though I don't know if that's been confirmed as of yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

He has a 250gb slim why would he want to mod the 20gb for it? The usb key will transfer your data fine,try get one that's at least 2gb some files can be fairly big

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

yeah actually 20gb would be reasonable to transfer, i had to old big HDD disk, and transfered 100gb of data or so

just transfer that motoatrucka

Advertisement